The Pile on John McCain thread

ThudMaker

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • CMS Author

besides the point...im not discussing Sen. McCain dying, im talking about impairment of mental faculties...and not suddenly becoming a drooling monkey, but just not being sharp, or gradually slipping...these are valid, and would probably not be enough to trigger succession...

See my previous post re: Reagan.

• Members

my argument bears plenty of weight...i have not been allowed to know if there is a valid medical reason he cannot perform his duties...thats my point....

Nor have you been allowed to know if there is a valid medical reason Obama or anyone else can't perform their duties.

There are also medical privacy laws in this country for a reason. If you try and use the "Well, McCain is older thatn Obama" excuse, then you are discriminating on the basis of age, which is illegal in this country.

i assume you would be happy to have a 72-year old brain surgeon crack you open, or a 72-year old pilot fly your plane for your next vacation...or a 72 year old stockbroker manage your money...

my stockbroker is 74 and gets me 20% gains consistenly year after year. So yeah. I don't care how old he is, I care how qualified he is.

• Members

- He claims to be a maverick, but with the Palin pick, he's clearly pandering to conservatives and women.

- He claims to be "country first" and claims to be better for defense. But he chose a VP who nobody knows, someone who doesn't know what the Bush Doctrine is, someone who can't tell you what newspapers she reads, and someone who's governed a state (with less than 700,000 people) for less than 2 years. And she'll be a 72-yo heartbeat away from POTUS. That's not "country first."

- He claims to be Mr. Straight Talk, but he repeats his lies so often, some conservatives are calling him out on it.

- Mr. Straight Talk is shielding his VP nom from the press.

For those of you watching the debate, I wonder:

Which candidate speaks more about the future and less about his opponent? Which candidate appears more focused, more calm, more reasonable, more... Presidential. :idk:

• Members

Nor have you been allowed to know if there is a valid medical reason Obama or anyone else can't perform their duties.

There are also medical privacy laws in this country for a reason. If you try and use the "Well, McCain is older thatn Obama" excuse, then you are discriminating on the basis of age, which is illegal in this country.

my stockbroker is 74 and gets me 20% gains consistenly year after year. So yeah. I don't care how old he is, I care how qualified he is.

really...if true, he would not be a stockbroker for individuals...he would run a massive institutional fund and make 10+ million a year...so, lets move past that little obscuration...

i think obama should have the same tests as mccain...i want to know that whomever is president is not about to become senile...

and age descriminination is not illegal...otherwise 3 year olds could vote and drink...

• Members
Which candidate speaks more about the future and less about his opponent? Which candidate appears more focused, more calm, more reasonable, more...
Presidential.
:idk:

I'm sure you know this is just perception and not necessarily indicative of how one might actually do in office. However, I saw exactly what you saw. It definitely weighs on my decision.

• Members

my argument bears plenty of weight...i have not been allowed to know if there is a valid medical reason he cannot perform his duties...thats my point....

i assume you would be happy to have a 72-year old brain surgeon crack you open, or a 72-year old pilot fly your plane for your next vacation...or a 72 year old stockbroker manage your money...

There are 72 year old surgeons at the level one trauma center where my wife works. I don't think they are brain surgeons though, as brain surgery is a little newer than that. Besides, they have the DaVinci Robot so the patient doesn't have to worry about how much caffeine the surgeon had for breakfast.

• Moderators
I'm sure you know this is just perception and not necessarily indicative of how one might actually do in office. However, I saw exactly what you saw. It definitely weighs on my decision.

Interesting. We saw Obama as less than engaging/lackluster and McCain as having energy.:lol:

• Members
That's why there's a VP. And she kicks butt. I know. That's not good enough for you. You have your "concerns."

She didn't know what the Bush Doctrine was. She didn't know what the VP did when she accepted the nom. She can't name a Supreme Court decision (other than Roe v. Wade) that she has an opinion on.

Yeah, she kicks butt. :rolleyes:

You know all those things that she didn't know, Thud. Most of us here do.

• Members
- He claims to be a maverick, but with the Palin pick, he's clearly pandering to conservatives and women.

I agree to a point. I think that's exactly why she was picked, but that, in and of itself, doesn't mean she isn't qualified for the job.

- He claims to be "country first" and claims to be better for defense. But he chose a VP who nobody knows, someone who doesn't know what the Bush Doctrine is, someone who can't tell you what newspapers she reads, and someone who's governed a state (with less than 700,000 people) for less than 2 years. And she'll be a 72-yo heartbeat away from POTUS. That's not "country first."

As opposed to someone with even less executive governmental experience who is running for the first chair. That argument doesn't hold any water.

- He claims to be Mr. Straight Talk, but he repeats his lies so often, some conservatives are calling him out on it.

he's a politician. If you expected any different from either candidate, you're nuts. :D

- Mr. Straight Talk is shielding his VP nom from the press.

Haven't seen that at all. I saw plenty of coverage on Palin since he asked her to be on the ticket. Probably more than McCain. You and others claiming this does not make it true.

For those of you watching the debate, I wonder:

Which candidate speaks more about the future and less about his opponent? Which candidate appears more focused, more calm, more reasonable, more...
Presidential.
:idk:

Appearances can be decieving. Just saying. Being a good speaker does not mean that will make him a good president. Ask Teddy Roosevelt. he wasn't the clamest most reasonable guy in ANY room.

Having said that, I really don't want either of them.

Can any of you really bag on McCain for anything other than his age and his demeanor? I can. I have. But the HCBF Dem party can only come up with completely ridiculous reasons why they don't want him. "He's old" "He's mean spirited". "He's 4 more years of Bush".

Pathetic.

How about some policy issues you have with him. How about things in his voting record. How about ANYTHING with some teeth and substance and not innuendo and personal preference.

This is a "pile on John McCain" thread, and this is the best you guys got?

• Members
If you try and use the "Well, McCain is older thatn Obama" excuse, then you are discriminating on the basis of age, which is illegal in this country.

Bull{censored}.

It's not illegal to discrimate based on age (or other attribute) when voting or dating. :D

• Moderators

Except that the Bush Doctrine has had 4 versions. Which version would you like her to know? Particularly since Bush isn't her boss or running mate.;)

Obviously, since she's bringing up Ayers and what the NY Times has said, I'd say it's a safe bet that she reads the NY Times.;)

Obama has barely been a Senator for 3 years and immediately began campaigning for President. That's not executive level experience, nor has he had executive level political experience. By your own posting, he's not qualified to be President. :D

• Members
I agree to a point. I think that's exactly why she was picked, but that, in and of itself, doesn't mean she isn't qualified for the job.

As opposed to someone with even less executive governmental experience who is running for the first chair. That argument doesn't hold any water.

he's a politician. If you expected any different from either candidate, you're nuts.
:D

Haven't seen that at all. I saw plenty of coverage on Palin since he asked her to be on the ticket. Probably more than McCain. You and others claiming this does not make it true.

Appearances can be decieving. Just saying. Being a good speaker does not mean that will make him a good president. Ask Teddy Roosevelt. he wasn't the clamest most reasonable guy in ANY room.

Having said that, I really don't want either of them.

Can any of you really bag on McCain for anything other than his age and his demeanor? I can. I have. But the HCBF Dem party can only come up with completely ridiculous reasons why they don't want him. "He's old" "He's mean spirited". "He's 4 more years of Bush".

Pathetic.

How about some policy issues you have with him. How about things in his voting record. How about ANYTHING with some teeth and substance and not innuendo and personal preference.

This is a "pile on John McCain" thread, and this is the best you guys got?

I've been quite clear with my critique of his health care plan in the past. For the most part, I just wanted to sit back and see what came up. It did surprise me that not too many folks have much to say about him.

• Members

really...if true, he would not be a stockbroker for individuals...he would run a massive institutional fund and make 10+ million a year...so, lets move past that little obscuration...

Really, and you know this how? For your information he retired as a senior VP with with one of the biggies 20 years ago and decided this is exactly what he wanted to do with the rest of his life. Get out of the big corporate pressure cooker and run his own investment firm. he already made more money than God. His house is probably 3 or 4 mil easy.

Next time you call me liar, try knowing what the {censored} you're talking about.

i think obama should have the same tests as mccain...i want to know that whomever is president is not about to become senile...

Fine. I want to know your medical records before you're allowed to vote.

and age descriminination is not illegal...otherwise 3 year olds could vote and drink...

They are MINORS and do not have the same legal rights as someone over the age of 18. But you either knew that, or you're an idiot. Which is it? Personally, I'm going with the "You knew that" choice. You're not an idiot, you're just bobbing and weaving.

• Members

Oh, I disagree. I think under the election heat, staying calm, focused, and reasonable IS indicative of how a President might perform on the job.

The President is a figurehead and sets a tone, imo. If McCain is this edgy, reactionary, and sporatic now, imagine how he'll act at POTUS when faced with real pressure. :idea:

• Members
Oh, I disagree. I think under the election heat, staying calm, focused, and reasonable IS indicative of how a President might perform on the job.

The President is a figurehead and sets a tone, imo. If McCain is this edgy, reactionary, and sporatic now, imagine how he'll act at POTUS when faced with real pressure.
:idea:

You do have a point. I don't think McCain was that bad, but he was notice-ably more so than the very calm Obama.

• Members

Really, and you know this how? For your information he retired as a senior VP with with one of the biggies 20 years ago and decided this is exactly what he wanted to do with the rest of his life. Get out of the big corporate pressure cooker and run his own investment firm. he already made more money than God. His house is probably 3 or 4 mil easy.

Next time you call me liar, try knowing what the {censored} you're talking about.

Fine. I want to know your medical records before you're allowed to vote.

They are MINORS and do not have the same legal rights as someone over the age of 18. But you either knew that, or you're an idiot. Which is it? Personally, I'm going with the "You knew that" choice. You're not an idiot, you're just bobbing and weaving.

i still call bull{censored}...i spent many years in finance, working with really talented people...and your magical stockbroker can somehow beat every single investor ever? i still say you are either a liar, or you really exaggerate in your 20% year after year claim...

your medical records to vote point is simply foolish...

they are minors, you are right...and they dont have the same legal rights...hence, age discrimination is legal, you have proved my point...

• Members
Per JacieFB's request I am starting a thread where we can list our complaints about McCain.

He stated he wouldn't campaign negatively, but in the face of everything he needs to. He shouldn't have said that to start with. Most politicians know better. Not really smart.

He has run a very effective campaign; in the McCain style. C..C..Can't we all just get along? :rolleyes:

Remember, besides the $700 billion dem bailout, he supported campaign finance reform, the Kennedy 'education' bill, and is agianst drilling for oil, offshore and in ANWR. Granted, he has changed his mind on drilling offshore but that too was a lib scam. He is a RINO.

If those wishy washy moderates and undecideds want to vote for someone who can reach across the aisle, :rolleyes: Johnnie boy is your boy. That is the message that he has been trying to convey all these years believeing that you can get along with libs. You can't, they must be defeated at every turn and be eliminated whenever and wherever possible.

Barak Hussein Obama is as partisan as they come. All one has to do is look at his record, such as it is. And they must look at his associations with scum like Rev. Wright, William Ayres (sp?) and others.

Most, however, are not paying attention. :idk:

Archived