The Pile on John McCain thread

ThudMaker

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He's old... and I hate old people. Especially ones that stand in the middle of the isle when shopping and refuse to move when you're trying to get by. I bet he does that.

Like he grocery shops...The dude doesn't even know how many houses he owns...

Or where he left his car keys...

Or his wallet...

Or his involvement in the Keating Five...

Or why people keep calling him "Senator"...

Or who this milf with the glasses is...

• Members

My own logical fallacy about John McCain:

In 2000, Republican voters picked George Bush to be their nominee. 7 years later, Bush's approval rating is in the crapper. Now the nominee is John McCain. What has changed in the past 7 years that would make John McCain a good choice now?

John McCain is not George Bush. He's spent the last 20 years pissing off both Dems and Republicans. Limbaugh and Hannity have been bitchin about him forever because he doesn't fall in line with the party.

Besides, take a look at how the economy was doing before the DEMS took over Congress and look at it now. :poke:

• CMS Author

John McCain is not George Bush. He's spent the last 20 years pissing off both Dems and Republicans. Limbaugh and Hannity have been bitchin about him forever because he doesn't fall in line with the party.

Besides, take a look at how the economy was doing before the DEMS took over Congress and look at it now. :poke:

So what legislation has Congress passed that you're saying has caused the economy to be where it is today?

• CMS Author

I'm simply disturbed by his proposal on health care reform. Something about the tax credit is bugging me. It sounds good on the surface but something tells me there's a string or two attached somewhere.

Oh and I'm jealous of his hot sugar mama wife.

So you want to be John McCain's wife?

• Members
Like he grocery shops...The dude doesn't even know how many houses he owns...

Or where he left his car keys...

Or his wallet...

Or his involvement in the Keating Five...

Or why people keep calling him "Senator"...

Or who this milf with the glasses is...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol:

Simply awesome.

• CMS Author

Fixed.

Not really. IIRC you've brought this up before, and I'm still wondering what's the issue here? He was a combat pilot. The best take big risks and do their work at the edge, and {censored} happens when you do this. Including 2 accidents that had no conclusion for cause is questionable, but even mentioning the Forrestal disaster is ludicrous. Being shot down? Uhuh, what about it? So that basically leaves him flying into power lines, which is absolutely pilot error, no question about it.

BTW, my latest problem with him is that he stood in front of Brokaw's teleprompter during the debate:mad::mad:

• Members
Not really. IIRC you've brought this up before, and I'm still wondering what's the issue here? He was a combat pilot. The best take big risks and do their work at the edge, and {censored} happens when you do this. Including 2 accidents that had no conclusion for cause is questionable, but even mentioning the Forrestal disaster is ludicrous. Being shot down? Uhuh, what about it? So that basically leaves him flying into power lines, which is absolutely pilot error, no question about it.

BTW, my latest problem with him is that he stood in front of Brokaw's teleprompter during the debate:mad:
:mad:

He had too many non-combat incidents. If his family wasn't Navy, his career would have been over before it started. End of story.

BTW, I never mentioned this before.

• Members

Jeff, you misunderestimated me. I in no way incinuated that John McCain is George Bush. I simply said that at a fairly pivotal point in history, Republicans and likely a few Independents decided that John McCain was not as good a choice for President as George Bush.

:poke: ritebackatya! :poke:

:D

• CMS Author

He had too many non-combat incidents. If his family wasn't Navy, his career would have been over before it started. End of story.

BTW, I never mentioned this before.

Two cases of engine failure, and one case of pilot error. So one case of pilot error is too many?

What's interesting is the explanation of the first incident. The "gauges frozen on impact" is a common and inaccurate fallacy. That simply doesn't happen, especially at the pokey speed of an A-6. The "exhaust showing signs of still being hot"....uhuh...the engine was running until what, ten maybe twenty seconds before hitting the water. Just how fast would it cool? And exhaust smoke is not an indication or proof of the engine making power. I know enough about piston engines to know that none of the evidence mentioned was valid indication that the engine was making power prior to the crash. I'd also love to know how they determined exactly what gauges he was looking at prior to the crash. That part needs a lot more explanation.

He definitely got favored treatment. His dad was an Admiral. It's gonna happen. It still doesn't change that he was a limit-pusher who crashed one plane due to his own error. It also doesn't address that he totally ignored his favored status when it actually mattered.

Archived