You know you're old, when...

LionsDay

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just wait 'til the people you grew up with start dying off with increasing frequency ... Then it won't be so important when a youngster doesn't know about The Landing of the Mothership. You just gotta get your monkey ass living your life and getting focused.

Take a moment every day to think about that first shovel of dirt that's gonna be dropped on your face as you begin to sail off into obscurity.

Well said my good sir.

• Members

Just wait 'til the people you grew up with start dying off with increasing frequency ... Then it won't be so important when a youngster doesn't know about The Landing of the Mothership. You just gotta get your monkey ass living your life and getting focused.

Take a moment every day to think about that first shovel of dirt that's gonna be dropped on your face as you begin to sail off into obscurity.

last week i had to be a pallbearer as a funeral for a friend who was one year older than me. missed a stop sign, and got t-boned, and then another car hit from the otherside. he was 27.

really makes you forget about all the petty fights, and the stupid reasons you dont talk to old friends from "back in the day" when you and your friends are carrying one of your own to the hearse.

side note, you know your getting old when you say Danzig, and either people don't have a clue who you are talking about or only know it because of Guitar Hero.

or when someone says, "why should i buy the cd when i can get it for free off the internet" and you get really pissed off at their lazy, thieving, punk ass!

• CMS Author

...anyone calls you "sir".

...you start to realize you're the same age your dad was at some memorable time in your life.

...you've long since become invisible to young women.

...most of the cool phrases you've ever used will get that blank stare in response, and any new phrase you use gets you an equally incredulous look.

• Members

last week i had to be a pallbearer as a funeral for a friend who was one year older than me. missed a stop sign, and got t-boned, and then another car hit from the otherside. he was 27.

really makes you forget about all the petty fights, and the stupid reasons you dont talk to old friends from "back in the day" when you and your friends are carrying one of your own to the hearse.

side note, you know your getting old when you say Danzig, and either people don't have a clue who you are talking about or only know it because of Guitar Hero.

or when someone says, "why should i buy the cd when i can get it for free off the internet" and you get really pissed off at their lazy, thieving, punk ass!

I was 27 when I got word that a former classmate and fellow wrestler was killed in a motorcycle accident. AIDS had killed a couple of folks around that time and then a few afterward when drug abuse caught up to them.

Seems like 27 is when people's luck starts to run out. My own roulette wheel is spinnin' and where she stops, nodoby knows ... But I do know there's a shovel of dirt somewhere with my name on it.

• Members

Most of my friends from high school are 27 now, and my wife turns 27 next week. I've got less then a month to go.

So if any of you younger reads notice that Brother Mango and I are suddenly not posting anymore, write a book and warn others. Then run like hell!

I wonder if there is any kind of significance to the 27 thing?

• Moderators

Most of my friends from high school are 27 now, and my wife turns 27 next week. I've got less then a month to go.

So if any of you younger reads notice that Brother Mango and I are suddenly not posting anymore, write a book and warn others. Then run like hell!

I wonder if there is any kind of significance to the 27 thing?

I strongly doubt it.

Archived