The "Life is kicking my butt" thread.

willsellout

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's, ok.

If I were gigging more regularly, I'd be happier. I'm babysitting a dog at the moment. Have had him a week, will have him all this week.
It's not going well. I about lost it this morning. I do not plan on keeping him again.

Otherwise, it's ok. I'm realizing I've been kinda wasteful with my $$ the last year or so, now that I need it, so I've already set up a budget for this month and going forward. It just makes sense. :)

• CMS Author

Well, I've got personal issues that I've been dealing with for the last two years, that aren't getting better. I don't share them here. That alone is enough to keep me up at night more times than not.

I've been looking for a decent job for well over two years now...in the last 30 months I've worked 11. 2006 and 2007 income combined were less than 40% of 2005...and that's including unemployment, which I won't be eligible for when my present temporary contract job is done...which I really don't know when that is.

I haven't had a band or any music involvement other than here for a year and a half. In fact I don't think I've played my bass this year.

• Members

Everyone gets their ass kicked by life! If you haven't you aren't living!

The important thing is whether you get back up and what you do from that point forward.

Me and the floor are real good buddies as of late but many have had it much, much worse.

I'm employed, healthy, and relatively sane. The older I get the more I appreciate the simple things in life...................like a good friend, a good beer and a good cigar! :thu:

• Members

If we're moaning about academic deadlines, my dissertation proposal is in on Friday and I'm still far too sketchy for my own good. Tensions between music and degree running high, pulled out of a rehearsal on Sunday to work on this. Still, being busy is the only way I know, having free time is boring!

• Members

I'm getting sick now. Just starting a dry cough last night.

I'm having troubles breathing right now, actually. It's scaring the hell out of my kids. All the doctor's offices were so jammed full, I couldn't get in to see anyone today. The hospital is worse, I'll maybe head down when Mike is off work if I get any worse.

• Members

I'm having troubles breathing right now, actually. It's scaring the hell out of my kids. All the doctor's offices were so jammed full, I couldn't get in to see anyone today. The hospital is worse, I'll maybe head down when Mike is off work if I get any worse.

Yikes. Take care of yourself. I swear by liquid echanacea. The first hint of illness I take it, but in almost double dosage. You feel kind of weird for 24 hours, but you don't get sick, it just blows you by. Doing it all night already starting to feel better. I take it like a shot watered down with a small glass of water, just down it, it's easier because it tastes like drinking a tree.

• Members

Yikes. Take care of yourself. I swear by liquid echanacea. The first hint of illness I take it, but in almost double dosage. You feel kind of weird for 24 hours, but you don't get sick, it just blows you by. Doing it all night already starting to feel better. I take it like a shot watered down with a small glass of water, just down it, it's easier because it tastes like drinking a tree.

Echinacea, Cold FX, Tylenol, all of these (taken at different times) have had no effect on this bugger, which was why I was trying the Doctor route. I have a friend who will be dropping by with an ancient chinese recipe liquid thingy she got from her acupuncturist.

I coughed so hard I've burst a blood vessel in my eyeball. Thank god I don't have to work tomorrow, that's all I can say.sick0026.gif

Not that I'm comparing my little cold to any of the hardships some of you are going through. The things some of you are going through right now... it makes me so sad. Cancer, Bipolar children who cant stay out of jail topped with an ugly divorce, being unable to see your kids because your ex-wife is a psychotic bitch who's keeping them from you, unemployment to the point where you're claiming bankruptcy and facing the scary thought of not being able to make rent next month let alone retire, alcoholic abusive parents, loved ones lost.. the list goes on and on. You poor guys. My heart really goes out to you all.

• Members
sig'd

Sweet! I actually felt a little weird posting that, but now that I know it was appreciated it makes it all worth while. :wave:

For the record, since we're all sharing our woes here, my aunt and uncle are suing my sister and I over money that our grandfather left none of us (since we don't get it until our dad and all his siblings are dead) that has me over $40k in the hole over legal-fees, I'm just now recovering from over two years of misdiagnosed stomach ailments that precluded me from working for most of that time and freelance work just isn't paying the bills (not to mention those legal fees), I'm pretty sure both of my parents are developing Alzheimer's (or at least severe senility) and they live 1500 miles away so it's pretty much impossible to help them, my hard-drive crashed today and I lost a ton of work that I hadn't backed up yet (I've had a prolific week), and I caught one of my best friend's in a huge lie today and I don't know what to do about it because if it comes out it will ruin his career.

On the brighter side of life, though, I am 21 days cigarette free!:thu:

• Members
On the brighter side of life, though, I am 21 days cigarette free!
:thu:

That is a bright side. I wish Mike could quit. He was done for 5 years and recently started up again.

I'm sorry you're getting sued, that's brutal. I hope my grandmother lives forever. I dont want to see what happens when her will gets read.

Archived