The "Life is kicking my butt" thread.

willsellout

• Members
Yes. Family, career, school and band makes for a full plate.

Or an empty plate if the job doesn't pay that well. :p

Man, I kinda feel bad here. Life is always on the hectic side for us but it's definitely not bad. Some of our best friends are considering divorce though, rough stuff. Things like that make me realize exactly how good I have it. I know it won't be like this forever, but right now it's pretty cool.

Hang in there guys and take time out when you can. Life goes by entirely too quickly for y'all to spend it with a crazed schedule. I know, easier said than done....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry? What's up? Pretty hard with a new kid on the block, huh?

You know, it's not even the kid! We received an offer on our condo Saturday and after completely racking our brain we decided to take it. Signed the contract-it all looked good. Got the earnest money. Called the lawyers, then their lawyer called ours and told us to tear up the contract and check. Turns out back in August they made an offer on a short sale, didn't hear from the bank, decided to look elsewhere. Found ours, fell in love, offered a price, we took it. The bank just approved their offer on the other condo and there is no way they can back out of it.

The prices in this complex are dropping drastically and we're going to lose a {censored}load. And I'm not exaggerating.

Then after we hear all this crap I find out my dad is pretty sick. He's lost some of his vision-with horrible headaches. They did an MRI and found he's had mini strokes the past month. They think he has a blood clot going to his brain. I'm absolutely torn. He's too young :cry:

George, thanks for the good thoughts and prayers, we need them!

• Members
You know, it's not even the kid! We received an offer on our condo Saturday and after completely racking our brain we decided to take it. Signed the contract-it all looked good. Got the earnest money. Called the lawyers, then their lawyer called ours and told us to tear up the contract and check. Turns out back in August they made an offer on a short sale, didn't hear from the bank, decided to look elsewhere. Found ours, fell in love, offered a price, we took it. The bank just approved their offer on the other condo and there is no way they can back out of it.

The prices in this complex are dropping drastically and we're going to lose a {censored}load. And I'm not exaggerating.

Then after we hear all this crap I find out my dad is pretty sick. He's lost some of his vision-with horrible headaches. They did an MRI and found he's had mini strokes the past month. They think he has a blood clot going to his brain. I'm absolutely torn. He's too young
:cry:

prayers - hope it all works out well - this is a crappy time to try to move property.

I lost both my parents much too young. I miss them every day - more so when things get tough...

• Members

Then after we hear all this crap I find out my dad is pretty sick. He's lost some of his vision-with horrible headaches. They did an MRI and found he's had mini strokes the past month. They think he has a blood clot going to his brain. I'm absolutely torn. He's too young
:cry:

WOW!

So Sorry Kelly!

Here's mojo your way!

• Members

I work four 10's at work Thu-Sun, then have 12 credits at Portland State I do from 9a-6:30pm Mon/Wed. Leaving Tuesday to relax, drink beer, do an apeton of homework, and do every single chore/repair/errand I possibly can.

It's been tough, and it's only week 3. I'm gettin' up there in age, doing both for the last 5+ years has been a drain on my sanity and health.

I hope it's worth it when i'm done.

• Members

I just recently got my first well paying job. Was on AUD$22.27 and hour, averaging 35-40 hours a week. Had a deposit on my first Upright, a 1960s Hofner. Broke my ankle can't work at all now...

Ohwell, I should still be able to pay the bass off, it's really teh only thing I want for Uni next year.

Hope things look up for you man :thu:

• Members
Thank you. Sincerely.

I hope we all can find happiness in life. In the words of Viv Savage, "Have a good time, all the time."

Life is too short.
:thu:

A friend of mine works in an animal cruelty shelter. She signs off all of her emails with "...Have a cruelty free day."

Always liked the ring of it.

• Members

Oh, and without getting too far into my personal life... I'll gloss over it by saying I crossed paths with my fairly recently ex and mother of my son, while doing the Thanksgiving grocery shopping with the new gf. :facepalm:

I logged into Facebook tonight to verify some scheduling things related to our son's various activites and she's blocked me from her page. :lol::rolleyes::facepalm::cry: :cry:

• Members
oh yea - and I can't even glance at a non approved website at my new job - financial service stuff - and any non approved website (checked by IT) is grounds for immediate dismissal. I can't even have a active cell phone in the building. If I bring one in, it must be turned off and locked in my desk drawer.

:cop:

Gebus. Sig Heil!! :eek:

• Members
Gebus. Sig Heil!!
:eek:

I can't blame them. We have all of their hospital billing info in our computers. SS#, next of kin, maiden names, previous address and current address, names of son's and daughter's, credit card info, checking account routing info.

So I guess you need to run a tight ship. It just makes going to work kind of like checking into a prison for 8 hours. :facepalm:

• Members
I can't blame them. We have all of their hospital billing info in our computers. SS#, next of kin, maiden names, previous address and current address, names of son's and daughter's, credit card info, checking account routing info.

So I guess you need to run a tight ship. It just makes going to work kind of like checking into a prison for 8 hours.
:facepalm:

No {censored}. In that context it totally makes sense. Can see how it would have that prison effect. Slave driving atmosphere by design.

• Members

My mother has a saying. "Life is messy, but it all works out in the long run."

You are all in my thoughts and prayers. I just got through some craziness, and I am grateful to be on the other side. It took a long time for there to be light at the end of the tunnel. I hope you all see yours soon as well.

• Members

My mother has a saying. "Life is messy, but it all works out in the long run."

You are all in my thoughts and prayers. I just got through some craziness, and I am grateful to be on the other side. It took a long time for there to be light at the end of the tunnel. I hope you all see yours soon as well.

Did the ring ever work out? I haven't seen you on here for a while brother, where have you been!

• Members
Thank you. Sincerely.

I hope we all can find happiness in life. In the words of Viv Savage, "Have a good time, all the time."

Life is too short.
:thu:

You're very welcome - and I meant every word of it... I may bang heads here a bit, but I don't wish anyone here any ill will, and would help anyone out, any way I can...

- georgestrings

Archived