Powell: If elected, Obama will face "crisis" in January

1tallbassguy

• Members
And it's certainly not a negotiated peace based on non-aggression.
:D

KK mentioned (I paraphrase) any time in history where peace wasn't forged by war or threat of war. I think the only item in dispute for me is "significant". These were two separate peoples who met up, they had nothing in common, spoke different languages and they managed to get along fine and eventually merged and encompassed a great deal of land in Africa, all without war.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • CMS Author

Just using your logic that the media decides who gets elected.
:lol:

Actually, I think the Supreme Court, his bro Jeb, and some funky vote-counting in Florida got Bush elected the second time.

Just sayin'

The media tries to sway who gets elected. Unfortunately for them, they're not only miles out of touch with what the US wants for entertainment...they also were out of touch with the political views.

• Members
Actually, I think the Supreme Court, his bro Jeb, and some funky vote-counting in Florida got Bush elected the second time.

Just sayin'

None of which was ever proven, despite the efforts of dozens of lawyers and politicians.:idea:

Just wait and see what happens if Obama loses. There's going to be a {censored}ing {censored} storm in the media.
C7

• Members

None of which was ever proven, despite the efforts of dozens of lawyers and politicians.
:idea:
C7

I didn't say it was proven. I just said it's what I think. And that works for me. :D

Plenty of low down, back room politics go on and never gets proven. Or reported in the media.

• Members

KK mentioned (I paraphrase) any time in history where peace wasn't forged by war or threat of war. I think the only item in dispute for me is "significant". These were two separate peoples who met up, they had nothing in common, spoke different languages and they managed to get along fine and eventually merged and encompassed a great deal of land in Africa, all without war.

Yeah, and to clarify a bit further. We've been talking about "Peace" as in, peace between nations/organized societies.

"A Peace" rather than just some folks not fighting (by that token, all 300 million inhabitants of the US are at peace with each other, with Canada, with the UK, etc., and that seems very different to what we've been talking about since few people would describe the US as a "nation at peace" right now, given we're fighting two wars :D)

• Members
Are you calling America stupid?
:confused:
C7

America is what it is, with the perception of it defined by the individual. What's most important is that we don't put a stupid - or misguided - person in the Oval Office. And that includes the VP.

To answer your question, I do believe that a large number of voters are, indeed, stupid.

• Members
I'm not gay.
:confused:

I just like fruit. Asshole.
:mad:
C7

There's a George Carlin concert from the early 80's where he says:
"... it's like an old schoolteacher told me one time... 'You show me a tropical fruit, and I'll show you a cocksucker from Guatemala'... no, that was somebody else"
That was during his coked out phase, I think.

• Members
Yeah, and to clarify a bit further. We've been talking about "Peace" as in, peace between nations/organized societies.

"A Peace" rather than just some folks not fighting (by that token, all 300 million inhabitants of the US are at peace with each other, with Canada, with the UK, etc., and that seems very different to what we've been talking about since few people would describe the US as a "nation at peace" right now, given we're fighting two wars
:D
)

OK gotcha, just figured I'd give it a shot:D. It makes sense now. I gotta say I enjoy history to an extent I didn't think possible. The unfortunate thing is that I'm taking a 4 month class in 2 months, which is killing me, homework wise.

Dan

Archived