What are you funking with?

EZ3X3

• Members

toilet-llqq-001.jpg

:rolleyes:

_MG_0896smbongo.jpg

124209007_o.jpg

These toilet seats get the most booty I've ever heard from a bass. FTW.

Lately watching someone put up the toilet joke makes me think they haven't got the intellectual capacity to come up with something new. Oldest joke in the world and frankly you could make it about Stingrays and Sterlings. IMO Bongos look great and women seem to love the things too. My ladyfriend picked the 07LE out of a lineup of 7 as the one she liked best.

The Single H improves on the Stingray sound, I kid you not.

• Members

_MG_0896smbongo.jpg
124209007_o.jpg

These toilet seats get the most booty I've ever heard from a bass. FTW.

Lately watching someone put up the toilet joke makes me think they haven't got the intellectual capacity to come up with something
new
. Oldest joke in the world and frankly you could make it about Stingrays and Sterlings. IMO Bongos look great and women seem to love the things too. My ladyfriend picked the 07LE out of a lineup of 7 as the one she liked best.

The Single H improves on the Stingray sound, I kid you not.

dig that blue:love:

i was referring to making something funky smelling on the toilet not referring to the bongo bass's resemblance to a toilet seat. :rolleyes:

as for producing funk style music.

i use this

Picture005.jpg

and this

TROMBONE1.jpg

and sometimes this

photography134.jpg

:thu:

• Members

dig that blue:love:

i was referring to making something funky smelling on the toilet not referring to the bongo bass's resemblance to a toilet seat.

as for producing funk style music.

i use this

=

and this

=

and sometimes this

=

:thu:

Thanks and sorry for kneejerk response. After the 10,000th time you begin to expect it coming. I want anyone who is considering a Bongo not to be misled by people who just don't have a clue how awesome the bass really is. {censored} 'em and buy what turns you on - music is about individual expression. Thank God people with separation anxiety from 1953 don't dictate music. They'd give Buzzards, Alembics, or Thunderbirds a hard time if they came out now.

Nice instruments by the way! :)

• Members

I use my studio 5 Schecter. Only gripes about using the Schecter are with the close string spacing (ironically, that's why I bought it), as I tend to fat-thumb the b-string while thumping. The other gripe is that if I attack the g-string too hard, it slips off the treble end of the neck (this didn't become a problem until I bought an mim Jazz, and got used to thumping away on that).

Otherwise, it has a great tone for slap. I once sent an idea I had to our guitarist that I'd made with Adobe Audition, one with the Schecter, the other with the mim, and he said the Schec one sounded like a studio recording, and the mim Jazz one sounded like some kid with a tapedeck.

• Members

Good luck I had one of those back in the 70s, if you fid one let me know where I can get one.

Just get one of these:

ehx_qtron_l.gif

The EH Q-Tron was designed by Mike Biegel, the same guy who designed the original Mu-Tron III for Musitronics. You can read more HERE.

I bought a Q-Tron when they first came out in the late 1990's and I've compared it to the "reissue" Mu-Tron III+ made by HAZ Labs. No comparison. The EH Q-Tron nails the vintage tone. No need to spend hundreds/thousands on a working original Mu-Tron when you can get the Q-Tron for $250 brand new. Just try to find an earlier one with true-bypass.

Archived