Stereotype of the Bass Player: A Skit

db.

• Members

From MusicNation:

"Sure, drummers jokes outnumber bass player jokes. But few would argue that it's not the dutiful bassist that garners the least amount of respect in the public eye.

This is more prevalent among non-musicians, who perhaps miss the subtleties of the bass guitar and the talents of the men and women that hold down the bottom end.

But even experienced musicians, who know how make-or-break a bass player can be to a band's overall quality, often dismiss the bassist's importance, or secretly wonder what deep personality traits (a lack of hugs from dad?) leads a person to select the bass in the first place.

The Nation disagrees with this mindset completely, mind you. As does Paul McCartney, Nikki Sixx, Geddy Lee, Adam Clayton (yes, Adam Clayton), Colin Greenwood, John Paul Jones, and that guy that plays all the Seinfeld lead-ins...

And yet we couldn't help laughing our asses off at this classic Kids In The Hall skit, which nails the most common bassist stereotypes:"

http://musicnation.com/music/musicnation/blog/2008/04/stereotype-nation-the-bass-player

POSTER'S NOTE: The sketch is a bit gay, but worth a watch. :cop:

• Members

I believe THAT guy would be a keyboardist.

A friend of mine refused to watch Seinfeld just because of the bass line intros/outros. Unbelievable.

I always thought it was maybe a Steinberger is what they used for those bass lines. Or sampling. :(

Archived