Beer Thoughts

Renfield

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
if i were you, i'd give jm5 first shot at her. then pretty much anything you say will sound suave and charming by comparison.

:poke:

You're implying that I wouldn't have a shot without JM5 setting the low standard first? :cry:

Wait, on second thought, that's a pretty good idea. :lol:

• Members

Well no..... Guinnesss is pretty much flavorless. It has a "subtle dark roasted malt" to it. Subtle. Very subtle.

i think it tastes somewhat like really strong dark roast coffee. im not too big on guinness, i have to really be in the mood for it, and have had at least one lighter beer beforehand. im pretty fussy about beer.

• Members

i think it tastes somewhat like really strong dark roast coffee. im not too big on guinness, i have to really be in the mood for it, and have had at least one lighter beer beforehand. im pretty fussy about beer.

I don't mind it's taste too much, but I can usually only handle one. For two reasons, the taste isn't something I want to drink all night, and more than that... I am full. I ordered a pint once before a free dinner at an expensive restaurant and I couldn't get past the first half of my salad. I actually told my server to cancel my dinner, it would be a waste to make it, I couldn't touch it.

IIRC it was originally created as a meal replacement for Irish postal workers so they could send them out on their bikes to dlever the mail, and not have to come back as often or stop to eat.

• Members
I put the pic up, she's a redhead and can pour me a pint of Harp. If that doesn't say I called dibs, I don't know what does.

Fair enough. I already have my own redhead who pours me beer on command. Then again, my redhead likes redheads just as much as I do... Oh I like where this is going :love:

• Members
Unless it's poured badly!
:mad:

Last time I had one was in London last weekend. The barman poured it straight down in one go, just like a crappy english ale. Mother{censored}er!
:mad::facepalm:
:facepalm:
:facepalm:

But everybody knows... :facepalm:
OMG !

In the good, old heathen days racehorses got fed beer in their evening grub. It was good for both muscles and coat. I'm sure it was good for their overall state of mind as well.
When O'Brien's horses came over from the Emerald Island along came nice, big bottles of Guinness. The lads usually saved a bit for themselves and I quickly learned to appreciate it.
Later I lodged with a man, who had something to do with importing Guinness to the UK. He introduced me to the 3X (and had a really nice daughter). He claimed that Guinness didn't travel well and for the ultimate taste should be consumed in Ireland.

• Members
Where'd you hear that??

I do believe there is a higher percentage of natural red heads in the UK when compared to the States. I read this somewhere.

I think I kind of just noticed it, too, when I visited the UK a few times.

:idk::idk::idk:

• Members

I do believe there is a higher percentage of natural red heads in the UK when compared to the States. I read this somewhere.

I think I kind of just noticed it, too, when I visited the UK a few times.

I never heard that. I guess it may well be true then!

Can't say I've ever noticed it myself, or maybe I'm just used to it.

Archived