Is there anyway to run a GK Backline 210 combo into a Ampeg B100R safely?

Conformer

• Members

Could I run the line out of one into the others pre-amp if I first run the line into a mixer and then run the line from the mixer to the other amp?

Or could I plug into the mixer first and then use a Y spliter to split the signal to one amp and then the other?

• Members

Yep. You can use the line out of one amp and plug it into the input of the other amp. It's certainly not ideal, but it will work.

I just looked at the manual for the GK Backline 210, and the amp has an effects loop. Most amps (not all, but most) will allow you to use the "send" part of an effects loop by itself, without having anything plugged into the "return" jack. If this is the case with your amp, I'd take a 1/4" signal cable from the GK's send jack to the Ampeg's input. Again, certainly not ideal, but it will work.

The best solution when running two separate amplifiers is an ABY box that will allow you to split your signal, as well as toggle it between each amplifier.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/effects/pedals/router-signal-path-tuner

This one is very popular, and a good unit to have around for a variety of applications:

239057.jpg

• CMS Author

Could I run the line out of one into the others pre-amp if I first run the line into a mixer and then run the line from the mixer to the other amp?

Or could I plug into the mixer first and then use a Y spliter to split the signal to one amp and then the other?

To answer your title question; no, the Ampeg doesn't actually have a line-in (though the website literature says it does). So you would only be able to use the Ampeg into the GK's patchbay return.

I'm not sure why you are including a mixer, as it would not be needed. The Ampeg's preamp/EQ would provide plenty of gain and tone control, and the GK would act as a slave amp for additional volume. The GK's boost and master volume controls are the only one's that would work.

If you desire separate preamp/EQ control, you can run your instrument into the GK's input, then run an instrument cable from the GK's tuner out to the Ampeg's instrument input. Set each amp as if it was being fed directly. The tuner output will simply act as a splitter out.

Archived