OT: no kidding, I think my house might be haunted..!!

dogman

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GM-that sounds like a cat meowing in the background. Any cats around?

yes there are.the clip i posted was super low volume ( it peaked out around -46 db or so on the meters) so it is possible that it was something outside as well.i don't know exactly what it was but, you can hear it in the house at random times and it's never in the same room with you :idk:

• Members

There are two experiences I have that still stick with me as far as an afterlife. These two things are the only things that keep me from being an atheist.

1. My brother Robbie (named after my mothers dead brother), was sleeping during the day. Suddenly the door to his room starts slamming back and forth, like someone is shaking it back and forth while its closed. My mom rushes in and finds the blanket wrapped around my brothers neck; he's being strangled. The door shaking saved his life IMO

2. I was driving down the road in a neighborhood and saw something that to this day really convinces me of an afterlife. I'm on the right side traveling at a slow speed; there is an ice cream truck on the left side, parked handing out ice cream. A kid grabs his ice cream and runs around the front of the ice cream truck, right into the path of a sedan. The kid gets to the far edge of the ice cream truck, takes a step out in front of the sedan (right foot first) at which point is stopped immediately, mid stride, and swung around and sat on his ass right in front of the ice cream truck.

Of course it could be my eyes playing tricks on me but it has been with me ever since.

Dan

i never believed in any sort of afterlife growing up either - the whole premise just seemed too far fetched ( aside from the whole - if you're dead you ain't exactly coming back to tell people what happened, thing..).

but, over the years , you hear enough weird stories from different people with common themes running through them that, it seems to me, that there has to be something there.

i mean, granted, you have your nut jobs and crazies that think they are being followed by the fbi, their house is haunted, the aliens put a probe in their ass etc.. etc.. but i've met enough seemingly sane, logical people with strange stories to make me think that there is a possibility of some sort of spiritual issue after you kick the bucket.

• Members

Years ago my aunt owned a house that had been a convalescent home.

She had a piano downstairs, and would often invite family members over for a night of drinking and singing.

On one such occasion, our singing was interrupted by an extremely loud thump from upstairs.

Now, at this time the house was being renovated. There were no floor boards in place anywhere upstairs, save for one bedroom.

All people in the house were present and accounted for, downstairs, and the one pet in the house (a toy poodle) was also with us.

Several of the adults went upstairs to see what had happened, with my dad in the lead (he was packing heat, as always, being a Federal Agent).

No intruder was in sight, but an armoire that had been set against a far wall of the bedroom was now almost in the middle of the floor - as if it had been lifted up and dropped there. :eek:

That armoire weighed a good 250 pounds or more, and could NOT be moved by any one person (it was probably 4 feet acrooss)

Needless to say that ended our night of singing.

• Members

Years ago my aunt owned a house that had been a convalescent home.

She had a piano downstairs, and would often invite family members over for a night of drinking and singing.

On one such occasion, our singing was interrupted by an extremely loud thump from upstairs.

Now, at this time the house was being renovated. There were no floor boards in place anywhere upstairs, save for one bedroom.

All people in the house were present and accounted for, downstairs, and the one pet in the house (a toy poodle) was also with us.

Several of the adults went upstairs to see what had happened, with my dad in the lead (he was packing heat, as always, being a Federal Agent).

No intruder was in sight, but an armoire that had been set against a far wall of the bedroom was now almost in the middle of the floor - as if it had been lifted up and dropped there.
:eek:

That armoire weighed a good 250 pounds or more, and could NOT be moved by any one person (it was probably 4 feet acrooss)

Needless to say that ended our night of singing.

Wild man!!:eek:

• Members

Keep us posted, Dogman!

Will do man, we were gone most of the day out of town doing the wedding registry thing at stores, but nothing odd last night aside from the dog acting really wierd again. I believe we might have a freindly little talk with our uninvited house guests tonight and ask them to kindly move on.

• Members

I had an experience at the condo I lived in in 2003. One night I woke up in the middle of the night and there was a figure of a woman sitting at the end of the bed staring at me. I freaked the hell out on grabbed my wife (girlfriend at the time). I had heard that the previous owner of the condo was an elderly couple, but I don't know if anyone died in there.

• Members

I'd classify myself as a curious skeptic, and the only thing resembling a paranormal experience I've ever had was with a Ouija board.

Back in Jr. high (late 80's) I had a buddy stay over and he brought his brand new Ouija to mess around with. Of course it came in a Parker Brothers box and looked like any other board game so we didn't take it very seriously. We started out by asking stupid questions and eventually got around to asking who we were talking to. The response came back "satan" and we immediately began accusing each other of steering the pointer to scare the other one. We both adamantly denied.

We agreed to proceed with the goal of getting this "spirit" to show us a sign that it was real. We made requests to knock or move something and of course nothing happened. After a few unanswered requests we started taunting it with teasing questions about how powerless it was. After the 2nd or 3rd taunt the lights flickered and the power went out.

The house was pitch black and nobody else was home. The lights came back on after about 30 seconds. We just sat there speechless and never touched the board again. Neither of us could fall asleep that night. We were way too freaked out.

Coincidence? Maybe, but I've never touched a Ouija board again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hmmm...I have a question. When people actually see a so call spirit, why aren't they naked? They always seem to be clothed.

Now, what is the explanation of cloth...be it synthetic or natural fibers....being able to transfer to the "other side"? If these are truly spirits of dead people, wouldn't it only be the person itself that crosses over?

• Members

Hmmm...I have a question. When people actually see a so call spirit, why aren't they naked? They always seem to be clothed.

Now, what is the explanation of cloth...be it synthetic or natural fibers....being able to transfer to the "other side"? If these are truly spirits of dead people, wouldn't it only be the person itself that crosses over?

also -

what about the genitals?

you never see or hear of ghost genitals.....

:)

• Members

I also had a freaky experience when I was a kid with a Ouija board. Just...not going to go there.

My brother lived in a haunted house when he was in college. He had a ghost who lived in his closet and used to come out at night, open the door and walk down the hall. I was visiting him once and saw the door open by itself - one of his roommates came into the room just then, so I didn't get to see the whole performance.

He has some pretty bizarre stories to tell about living in that place. And he is DEFINITELY not the type of person to be talking about ghosts and all that - he's ultra-rational, like he and my sister-in-law worked an Ayn Rand quote into their wedding vows. But he'll tell you that stuff is real.

I hope it all works out for you with your "friend".

• Members

My brother lived in a haunted house when he was in college. He had a ghost who lived in his closet and used to come out at night, open the door and walk down the hall. I was visiting him once and saw the door open by itself - one of his roommates came into the room just then, so I didn't get to see the whole performance.

Yeah, I saw that movie also. It's called "Real Genius". A guy named Lazlo Hollyfeld lived in the steam-tunnels under the dorm and he came and went through the closet door.

Archived