OT: no kidding, I think my house might be haunted..!!

dogman

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i lived in a house that had a spirit in it when i was growing up and ever since i've had issues on and off. i think that once you have an experience with one you tend to be more prone to encountering them.

about 6 months ago strange things started happening here - lights coming on and going off, the dogs "seeing" and barking at empty rooms and the hallway, people talking in other rooms of the house etc.. etc..

things ramped up pretty quickly over the course of about 2 weeks and it got pretty scary. i would be here working and hear kids making noise and things moving around in the room behind me. i'd turn around and see the straps on my instruments on the wall moving and feel someone looking at me- just weirdness in general.

i was up working one night when they were particularly talkative and something hit me in the back of the head. the next morning - i came in my room, set up a microphone, asked the spirit what it wanted and informed it that i was gonna leave a microphone recording while i was gone. i then left the house with the recorder running. i stayed gone for about a 90 minutes or so, came home ,shut my recording rig down and looked at what was on the timeline.

anyway - the long and short of it - i got alot of weird {censored}ing noises ( something tapped the mic several times ) and caught some of the kid talking. it's unintelligible but it's pretty clear that it's a child. after that things calmed down alot almost immediately - there is one spot out in the yard next to a big tree where i still see something a couple of times a week. it freaks the dogs out - they run out the door and chase it off but, the stuff in the house has all but stopped.

it feels silly - but just talk to it. worst case scenario - you'll feel like a dork for talking to something you can't see and it may just help the situation ( or at least make you feel like you have some control over things).

Damn Guttermouth, you had some wild {censored} going on there Crazy as it sounds, Im glad to hear that others here have experienced stuff like this and Im not the only one, its kind of reassuring to know that we arent cracking up.I might try what you said too about the mic and recording too, if I do and capture anything, Ill post it here on the forum.Thanks guys for the help, we do apprecaite it

• Members
because the Ouija board is a gateway for demonic entity's and when you destroy the board you also close the door to that gateway to the supernatural.

anyone who knows anything about the supernatural will tell you never destroy a Ouija board and if you have never messed with one don't start.

I have power over all such things. No joke.

And you know what I would do if a Ouija board was following me around?

Woodchipper.jpg

• Members

I once stayed at a friends' new house and felt like there was some weird {censored} was going on. He got the house as an inheritance from his aunt who died in a house fire there. His wife was freaking out one day saying that the bed kept unmaking itself. We called bull{censored} on it. She made the bed and then locked the door while we ate and played videogames for about 3 hours. We were leaving the house and decided to check the room. The bed had been unmade, the light was flickering, and all of the ornaments on the tables were on the floor. I've never ran out of a house so fast. They didn't return for a week.

• Members

It is not a paranoia Ouija boards is nothing to be toying with:eek:

most folks who has made comments like you have made has never messed with them to know what the paranoia is all about and IMo better off not knowing.

Scoff all you want but those things are pure evil!

Tom Servo referring to Ouija Boards: "Step into the magical world of Parker Brothers"

• Members

My great aunt and uncle lived in a farmhouse in Lindsborg, KS for decades. It was built atop an old log trading post or fort from the 1840's, you could go in the basement and see the logs, it was pretty cool.

Whenever we visited, the whole place reeked of pipe tobacco, but nobody smoked. I was like 5 or 6 the last time I went there, and my grandpa and his brother turned the lights out in the hallway at night, and shined a flashlight down the hallway, and sure enough, there was smoke in the air. :eek:

I didn't sleep that night. That {censored}ing house was haunted.:D

Another time, my buddies and I were camping, and we drove up to a ghost town WAY back at the end of this basin. It was getting to be dusk, and we were sitting there, smoking a blunt, when we all simultaneously jumped up, and turned around. All any of us saw was a shadowy figure disappearing behind one of the structures. I know I saw a human figure. We grabbed our pistols, but there was no possible way that any other living human was up there. We stood there silent and heard footsteps, then got the {censored} on out of there.:D

I later learned that in the late 1870's, that ghost town was a small community of miners, and they all starved or froze to death one winter when they got hit by a massive blizzard.
C7

• Members
Damn Guttermouth, you had some wild {censored} going on there Crazy as it sounds, Im glad to hear that others here have experienced stuff like this and Im not the only one, its kind of reassuring to know that we arent cracking up.I might try what you said too about the mic and recording too, if I do and capture anything, Ill post it here on the forum.Thanks guys for the help, we do apprecaite it

the stuff that's gone on here is relatively tame compared to the things that happened at the house i lived in as a teenager. there were several things that went on there that you could just about set your watch by. at first it scares the {censored} out of you but, living with it for an extended period it starts to get to be normal (almost).
i knew everyday when i got home from school the spirit of the man that built the house would be hammering in the living room. i knew every night the door to my room would open, shut and then there would be footsteps coming up my stairs. the transoms and doors in the font of the house would open and shut all hours of the day and night at random times and there would be footsteps down the main hall before and after the doors would open. i never felt tortured or like there was any ill will towards anyone in the family - the house always felt relaxed and comfortable - these things would just happen.
all that being said - i consider myself to be a logical, fairly level headed type of dude that is pretty skeptical when it comes to these sorts of things.you feel like a nutjob telling people that you believe these things happened and that you saw them with your own eyes.when you've seen and heard things of this nature it helps to talk to other people that have been through it even if it's just to let you know that you're not the only crazy one :)
i'll see if i can't dig up the edited version of the recording i did - i know it won't "prove " anything to anyone but it is interesting to hear knowing that there was no one in the house and that the door to the room it was recorded in was locked.

• Members

here you go man. this was recorded at my house at 2:30 in the afternoon with no one in the house right after the aforementioned discussion :

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7105290

i edited it down to make it more upload friendly but i didn't do anything else to it.there are several other strange thumping noises on the recording but who wants to listen to that ? :)

• Members

I used to live in a house that was haunted. My desk and computer were in the basement, underneath the kitchen. Several times a week, I'd hear the back door open and close, and hear a woman in high heels walk through the kitchen and into the living room (linoleum and hardwood floors).

One night, I heard a noise at about 3am and got up to check it out. As I was walking around, every once in a while, I'd enter a spot that was cold. A step in any direction and it was warm. I stepped in and out of each spot (I found seven throughout the house), several times and there was a definite boundary between temperatures.

My dog would regularly jump up, face the kitchen and bark with the hair on the back of his neck raised. He would go towards the kitchen, but would not cross the threshold.

My roommate and I tried to contact the spirits with a ouija board a few times. Almost every question we asked was answered with unintelligible gibberish, except for three questions in a row we asked one night after Jake (the dog) "saw" something in the kitchen.

Q: Are there other spirits with us in the house tonight?
A: "YES"

Q: How many?
A: "EIGHT" (I didn't check 2 of the rooms the night I found 7 cold spots)

Q: Can Jake see you?
A: "YES"

At that point, the dog went ballistic. We turned on the lights, and put the ouija board away for a long time.

That night took place after I'd lived there about 5 years. Not long after I moved in, my roomie's girlfriend (the daughter of a preacher) took it upon herself to bless the house. Things were calm and quiet for a couple years, but gradually the strange happenings started to ramp back up.

I never felt threatened or scared (once I got used to the weird noises). I think who/whatever was there was just stuck & going through their daily routine. They left when asked to, and came back (eventually) after being invited to return.

I've lived in a few haunted houses, and kind of miss the invisible houseguests. I'm currently in an apartment, and the only weird noises I hear now are due to the annoying neighbors

• Members

There's a book you can get that will help. The Necor....Necra....Necronomicon it's called. Yeah, that's it. Read a couple of passages from it and the spirits in the house should go away. Or summon ancient Sumerian demons with the capability of possessing human hosts. Can't remember which...:idk:

d04.jpg

:D

• Members

i lived in a house that had a spirit in it when i was growing up and ever since i've had issues on and off. i think that once you have an experience with one you tend to be more prone to encountering them.

about 6 months ago strange things started happening here - lights coming on and going off, the dogs "seeing" and barking at empty rooms and the hallway, people talking in other rooms of the house etc.. etc..

things ramped up pretty quickly over the course of about 2 weeks and it got pretty scary. i would be here working and hear kids making noise and things moving around in the room behind me. i'd turn around and see the straps on my instruments on the wall moving and feel someone looking at me- just weirdness in general.

i was up working one night when they were particularly talkative and something hit me in the back of the head. the next morning - i came in my room, set up a microphone, asked the spirit what it wanted and informed it that i was gonna leave a microphone recording while i was gone. i then left the house with the recorder running. i stayed gone for about a 90 minutes or so, came home ,shut my recording rig down and looked at what was on the timeline.

anyway - the long and short of it - i got alot of weird {censored}ing noises ( something tapped the mic several times ) and caught some of the kid talking. it's unintelligible but it's pretty clear that it's a child. after that things calmed down alot almost immediately - there is one spot out in the yard next to a big tree where i still see something a couple of times a week. it freaks the dogs out - they run out the door and chase it off but, the stuff in the house has all but stopped.

it feels silly - but just talk to it. worst case scenario - you'll feel like a dork for talking to something you can't see and it may just help the situation ( or at least make you feel like you have some control over things).

Any of this would make me {censored} myself.

• Members

I once stayed at a friends' new house and felt like there was some weird {censored} was going on. He got the house as an inheritance from his aunt who died in a house fire there. His wife was freaking out one day saying that the bed kept unmaking itself. We called bull{censored} on it. She made the bed and then locked the door while we ate and played videogames for about 3 hours. We were leaving the house and decided to check the room. The bed had been unmade, the light was flickering, and all of the ornaments on the tables were on the floor. I've never ran out of a house so fast. They didn't return for a week.

This too.

• Members

I'm a total skeptic with ghosts and spirits and such. I love watching Ghost Hunters, though. I don't disbelieve, but I would need real proof to believe.

Ouija boards are just toys. How they're interpreted by humans is what's scary. I equate them to Monopoly or Clue games.

• Members

I'm a total skeptic with ghosts and spirits and such. I love watching Ghost Hunters, though. I don't disbelieve, but I would need real proof to believe.

Ouija boards are just toys. How they're interpreted by humans is what's scary. I equate them to Monopoly or Clue games.

What he said.

• Members

There are two experiences I have that still stick with me as far as an afterlife. These two things are the only things that keep me from being an atheist.

1. My brother Robbie (named after my mothers dead brother), was sleeping during the day. Suddenly the door to his room starts slamming back and forth, like someone is shaking it back and forth while its closed. My mom rushes in and finds the blanket wrapped around my brothers neck; he's being strangled. The door shaking saved his life IMO

2. I was driving down the road in a neighborhood and saw something that to this day really convinces me of an afterlife. I'm on the right side traveling at a slow speed; there is an ice cream truck on the left side, parked handing out ice cream. A kid grabs his ice cream and runs around the front of the ice cream truck, right into the path of a sedan. The kid gets to the far edge of the ice cream truck, takes a step out in front of the sedan (right foot first) at which point is stopped immediately, mid stride, and swung around and sat on his ass right in front of the ice cream truck.

Of course it could be my eyes playing tricks on me but it has been with me ever since.

Dan

• Members
There are two experiences I have that still stick with me as far as an afterlife. These two things are the only things that keep me from being an atheist.

1. My brother Robbie (named after my mothers dead brother), was sleeping during the day. Suddenly the door to his room starts slamming back and forth, like someone is shaking it back and forth while its closed. My mom rushes in and finds the blanket wrapped around my brothers neck; he's being strangled. The door shaking saved his life IMO

2. I was driving down the road in a neighborhood and saw something that to this day really convinces me of an afterlife. I'm on the right side traveling at a slow speed; there is an ice cream truck on the left side, parked handing out ice cream. A kid grabs his ice cream and runs around the front of the ice cream truck, right into the path of a sedan. The kid gets to the far edge of the ice cream truck, takes a step out in front of the sedan (right foot first) at which point is stopped immediately, mid stride, and swung around and sat on his ass right in front of the ice cream truck.

Of course it could be my eyes playing tricks on me but it has been with me ever since.

Dan

That there's your garden variety guardian angel. Don't call 'em sirs, they work for a livin'. :):thu:

• Members
That there's your garden variety guardian angel. Don't call 'em sirs, they work for a livin'.
:):thu:

Very well could be. That and the fact that I've lived a charmed life (I could go on and on about the good that has come my way) lead me to believe something is in the works higher than myself. Call it Karma, or God, or the natural order of things, I have no idea.:confused:

• Members

pretty much.

Archived