Anyone else like "The Adventures of Jonny Quest"?

Armchair Bronco

• Members

i saw it in reruns when i was kid.great show
:thu:
if you haven't seen it - the show "venture brothers" on adult swim uses alot of jonny quest references and characters. race bannon was on an episode the other night.

Actually, the more I think about it, it's more than a Quest "reference". Race Bannon, Brock Sampson, Hadji, Helper, Dr. Quest, Dr. Venture. Red headed...

Maybe a modern parody? :p

• Members

Yeah, "The Venture Brothers" is pretty much a parody of lots of old cartoons and shows. The Six-Million Dollar Man makes an appearance in one episode. Johnny Quest, Hadji, etc all make appearances. The whole Venture family is an obvious parody of the Quest family.

It's a fun show. :D

• Members

Yeah, "The Venture Brothers" is pretty much a parody of lots of old cartoons and shows. The Six-Million Dollar Man makes an appearance in one episode. Johnny Quest, Hadji, etc all make appearances. The whole Venture family is an obvious parody of the Quest family.

It's a fun show.
:D

I'm a big fan of all of the oldies, as well as the modern stuff. I just like the fact that it's understated and obvious at the same time. There have been many times I've watched and thought... I've seen this before. :p

Yeah, I would own the DVDs, but like someone mentioned they're edited. I'm no fan of censorship.

• Members

Yeah, I would own the DVDs, but like someone mentioned they're edited. I'm no fan of censorship.

Bummer, I didn't know this. :confused::cry: Still, if there's no alternative, I would have bought the DVDs anyway...you know: for the boys.

Well, this just means that some enterprising entrepreneur will release the uncensored director's cut someday -- the ones where Jonny and Hadji do some waterboarding of PLO terrorists.

Anyway, the DVDs arrived last week, and I'm looking forward to watching Jonny Quest with my kids, PC dialog or not.

• Members

One of the many great things to come from Hanna Barbera.

Venture Bros is one of my favs, probably for a lot of the same reasons that JQ was one of my favs back in the day.

Harvey Birdman did do that parody episode. I think Race was a robot, and there were many non-hetero references.

Also, Family guy had a flashback, where Stewie was a ticketer in an airport, where he checked everyone through just fine, then when he got to Hadji, he informed him that he was "randomly selected" for extra screening. :D

Archived