My band needs a bass player (apply within)

SexWithRobots

• Members

My band is seeking a talented bass player. We have 4 other dedicated members with 5 songs looking to record an ep and start playing shows. The musical interests of the band members ranges from, Circa Survive, Thrice, Portugal the man, Glassjaw, Q and not U, The Appleseed Cast, Cursive, ect.

Our music is along the lines of melodic/progressive/indie/rock

If you are at all interested, own some decent equipment, easy going, and live at least within an hour of Chicago feel free to send me a private message and I will send you some of our music. We have a singer(25), drummer (23), and 2 guitarists (23) as of now.

Here is a compilation clip of some of our songs, there are about 2 sections of each song to get an idea of the different parts. No vocals in these as they are just rough clips from practice.

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/nhij/Unknown-Artist---01---comp

• Members

I had thought Sex With Robots would make a cool band name except the style would have to be like electronic rock or something crazy.

You say that like it's a bad thing. :idk:

I have a Tshirt and wrist band that says "Robots are watching you."

If only. :cry:

• Members

I'm to old and too busy with my band or I'd give it a go.

There's tons of Chicago bassists on here, including a few new members, keep poking around.

Yeh we are having a really hard time finding any of them though, been looking everywhere (myspace, craigslist, guitar centers, friends of friends)

• Members

Yeh we are having a really hard time finding any of them though, been looking everywhere (myspace, craigslist, guitar centers, friends of friends)

I just looked in my crystal (meth) ball, and I see one of your guitarists switching to bass. On Easter Sunday, oddly enough.:confused:

I also saw Bernadette Peters giving a rawkin' beej to Samuel L. Jackson. So who knows? Is it my mind, or the future? Hmmm?:D

C7

• Members

Yo! I'm an available bassist in Chicago. I wonder, though, where's your funk and your stuff that's in 7/4? I don't see the Ohio Players or Primus or Dream Theater or Slapbak or Krosfyah in the band's list of interests. Did you forget to add those?

:confused:

Can your drummer work the high hat really funky? In rock, the hat often pants. In funk the hat takes a huge deep breath, making the backbeat super deep.

Can the guitarist give that nasty funky muted syncopated thang like Sugarfoot, in The Ohio Players, or like Catphish Collins did with James Brown?

BTW, did you all forget to list James Brown in your list of interests?

• Members

I just looked in my crystal (meth) ball, and I see one of your guitarists switching to bass. On Easter Sunday, oddly enough.
:confused:

I also saw Bernadette Peters giving a rawkin' beej to Samuel L. Jackson. So who knows? Is it my mind, or the future? Hmmm?
:D
C7

C7, mi hermano, look a little further into your crystal (meth) ball. Look around June. You'll see Brother Mango on bass and Sex With Robots is headlining a Friday night show with an audience of 400 people. Opening the set with a cover of Curtis Mayfield's Kung Fu. This is when the bandleader does all the introductions and thanks everyone for coming out.

[YOUTUBE]rZOYN5kPMQQ[/YOUTUBE]

At the end of the night we do our original that's based on ideas we borrowed from Slapbak and then decorated with Primus moments.

[YOUTUBE]-f9w9_wFkqw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]EbrC0HIsTrg[/YOUTUBE]

This is the song we'll close the set with, rock that funky thang HARD ... an extended jam band thang ... 'til everybody in the venue is naked and in jail.

While we're sitting in jail waiting for Kindness to bail our naked asses out, that's when the band tells me, "we hate playing that {censored} music, but these gigs sure are fun!"

• Members

My band is seeking a talented bass player.

Once again this open, tolerated, insidious bias against untalented bassists rears it's ugly head whilst you people blithly stroll along though life, ignoring the prejudice people like me must endure on a daily basis. The world won't just make itself a better place, we all have to care! :mad:

• Members

Once again this open, tolerated, insidious bias against untalented bassists rears it's ugly head whilst you people blithly stroll along though life, ignoring the prejudice people like me must endure on a daily basis. The world won't just make itself a better place, we all have to care!
:mad:

Lug, man, get off the "poor me" crap!

That band wants a talented bassist. A bassist can be talented at being untalented. Think creatively, my Mexican brother!

Audition for the gig, man!

Archived