Christmas Theme Party: Ghetto Prom

Craig Vecchione

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you're so socially sensitive, perhaps you should consider whether commenting where none was invited is appropriate. It's okay to offend me, though, right?

Commenting where none was invited? I'm pretty sure posting something on a message board is an invitation for responses.

The rest of your post I have no opinion on.

• Members

Oh really? Since when is "ghetto" used in reference to white people?

I've been referred to as Italian Ghetto trash before. Trust me, hate is everywhere. :)

As to the theme party, I've hosted a few. My all time favourite was the tin foil hat party. We watched B alien invasion movies like Plan 9 from Outer Space and all made tinfoil hats. :thu:

As to the costume, can I suggest Eugene Levy?

bittman.jpg

Or can you still fit/find your grad outfit?

• Members

Okay, so a friend of a friend and the original friend all know a gay couple who I'm told throw the best parties ever, and I'm invited. The theme is "Ghetto Prom" and anything goes.

I'm drawing inspiration from this:

Budget is extremely limited, but I really need to rock this look, because I figure no matter what I dream up, a white middle-aged straight guy can't possibly come up with something more outrageous than a gay couple. I'm outgunned here,, and need help.

Any and all suggestions will be considered.

(yes, this is a serious request)

If you are really feeling this ghetto_prom thing, I would suggest that you get a few 40s, rent the movies The Mack, and Superfly and stay home. The whole thing is so uncool, and you know it. Why you would even post this is beyond me. You are a few years younger than me, and others may not get it but I'm feeling you cuz.

• Members
That's nice, but it can't compete with a woman dressing like she's 8 month's pregnant, and sporting a black eye. Or the 6'-4" guy in a prom dress, who was crowned Prom Queen.

I'm just sayin'!
:D
I think your original idea is awesome. People can check their damn selves at the door if they don't want to have a good time.

• CMS Author

I'm just sayin'!

:D
I think your original idea is awesome. People can check their damn selves at the door if they don't want to have a good time.

Oh the sweater party would be great. Any kind of theme can make parties a lot more fun. I can't take any credit whatsoever for the prom theme...that was the host's idea. Oh...and it started out as simply "Prom" and they changed it when they googled "prom" and the first hits were the ghetto prom pics.

FWIW, the half-dozen african-americans there didn't seem to think they were being mocked. And it was a learning experience. Part of my costume was a giant Flava Flav clock, and it was set to 4:20. I didn't know about the meaning of that until now.:idea::lol:

Anyway, Merry {censored}ing Christmas ya'all.:thu:

Archived