Finding your band's niche Vs taking all gigs you can.

Sugarskull

• Members
See, this one I'm looking forward to. I'm going to cruise around Mines and Red Rocks CC handing out flyers to chicks with pictures of puppies on it, imploring them to come support the cause, wearing tight, tight sweaters and plaid skirts. It's the theme of the show, yeah, that's it. Tight sweaters and plaid skirts. With fishnets.
:D
C7

And I'm gonna sacrifice a goat during our set. Perfect!!!! :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Ha ha ha! Sineater live with Santa!!!! Rawr!!! lol.

I just see you guys all standing like Angels of death over the sacred manger rockin' out and I must say, I giggle quite a bit. Thanks for the mental image.
:thu:

I'll bring our new mascot with us

• Members
Hell yes. I've got a mini wood chipper if you want to spray the guts all over the crowd. This benefit is going down in rock history.

Can we play right
before
you guys?
C7

Cool. :D

Hey, we just booked Club Inferno on 1/17 if you wanna show up. Metal, beer and titties. can't go wrong.

• Members

I think a lot of this has to do with what you and the band members really want to get out of the band. Do you all want to become a local/regional/national touring band and play those type of shows? Do you guys just want to play the best venues in town as a headliner now and then? Do you all view the band as a way to earn money, kind of like a second part time job? What do YOU want this band to accomplish, and what are you working towards with it? How you view your band and what it's goals/purpose is will help you determine whether or not a certain gig will help get you there, or hinder the process.

• Members
Oh boy, I remember gettin' lumped in with some real goofy bands over the years...

I went and saw my homey's band last night, they're a heavy sort of Chili Peppers style. They opened for 3 super heavy death metal bands.

It was kind of hilarious, we spent most of the night outside and guys from the other bands were talking {censored} about them without realizing they were standing right there. Idiots. They were the only people in the club not wearing black.:rolleyes:

So there I am, and what can I do? I can't just keep it bottled up. So I looked at the drummer from my buddy's band and said "the only thing that last band was missing was the white facepaint and the assless chaps."

One dude got uppity but he shut up when he realized that him and his entire band of skinny methed out douchebags couldn't handle us.:D
C7

• Members
I went and saw my homey's band last night, they're a heavy sort of Chili Peppers style. They opened for 3 super heavy death metal bands.

It was kind of hilarious, we spent most of the night outside and guys from the other bands were talking {censored} about them without realizing they were standing right there. Idiots. They were the only people in the club not wearing black.
:rolleyes:

So there I am, and what can I do? I can't just keep it bottled up. So I looked at the drummer from my buddy's band and said "the only thing that last band was missing was the white facepaint and the assless chaps."

One dude got uppity but he shut up when he realized that him and his entire band of skinny methed out douchebags couldn't handle us.
C7

What band is your buddys?

Archived