bbl

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
doesn't Kindness have a white one ?

Yes.

IMG_7769.jpg

I detest the gloss neck, but I prefer the aluminum pickguard to plastic ones. I have the bass as a reference piece more than as a player. I dislike it so much I have flats on it. I use it in my drummerless rock gigs. :facepalm:

I'd buy what you PM'd me about over this in every instance.

• Members
The thumb rest is on the wrong side. Otherwise, it's incredible.

It's on the correct side for a '57 reissue---or for any original '50s P-bass. It's pretty useless for most players (apart from Kindness, of course...).

I think it looks cool that way. So sod off, the lot of you. :poke:

:p

• Members

I got one a month ago. I was in my local store not really looking to buy just checking what they had in stock, it was new out of the box had great action had to have it. I'm looking to replace the pickguard with a single ply guard, not a big fan of the anodized pickguard.

• Members

I don't have it... yet.

I'm thinking about going Fender Custom Shop. It's been a loooong time since I've bought a brand new bass, and I've never custom ordered one. I want a P-Bass with a Jazz neck. And it's gotta be a lefty bass, too.

Have you thought about checking out what Lakland has to offer, custom wise?

I'm by no means a Fenfer-clone honk/expert, but just sayin' if you're already going that far, why not?

• Members
Kind of an ugly colour combo but still hot. I think those finger-rests are weird tho... I mean, who the hell still plays that way?
:o

I'm starting to. I love to get a fat sound using the thumb and attacking the strings over the neck, 18th fret or so. I was doing that last night and thought "hmmm, I could use a finger rest here." :)

• Members

Have you thought about checking out what Lakland has to offer, custom wise?

I'm by no means a Fenfer-clone honk/expert, but just sayin' if you're already going that far, why not?

Yes. I own a JO and the neck is by far the fastest and most comfortable neck I may ever play. And I realized that again last night at the studio. If I'm going to spend that much, it would be wise to get that neck, and that's an option at no extra charge.

I've been hearing some rave reviews about the 2008 Fenders. They've gone to a satin finish on the neck on the American Standards. So I started thinking again about Fender. But I probably will go with Lakland.

Now, do I go with alder or ash body? It will be painted (sonic blue probably). I think that's the only decision left to make (other than which basses do I sell to finance this thing). My ears usually prefer alder (if they can even tell the difference).

• Moderators
Now, do I go with alder or ash body? It will be painted (sonic blue probably). I think that's the only decision left to make (other than which basses do I sell to finance this thing). My ears usually prefer alder (if they can even tell the difference).

Transparent Sonic Blue on ash:

blue_sadowsky.jpg

If you are going opaque, it doesn't matter.

• Members

Yes. I own a JO and the neck is by far the fastest and most comfortable neck I may ever play. And I realized that again last night at the studio. If I'm going to spend that much, it would be wise to get that neck, and that's an option at no extra charge.

I've been hearing some rave reviews about the 2008 Fenders. They've gone to a satin finish on the neck on the American Standards. So I started thinking again about Fender. But I probably will go with Lakland.

I will tell you that from my personal experience, I used to think of alder as "lesser" type body wood, especially compared to ash or other woods.

On anything but an MTD, I pretty much prefer alder all around.

On my Q5's I've had, everything but the custom one was alder, and I greatly preferred the tone.

• Members
I can't stand the anodized pickguards. My fingernails always scrape against them and to me it feels like scratching a chalkboard. I hate it.

Other than that, I would say very YAY.

I'm with you on that..

I have this one.. still undecided as to what colour guard I'm going to put on it..
pb-1.jpg

Archived