Wrong place to get talked out of this?

max maroon

• Members

Learn to want what you have.

Oh trust me I LOVE what I have for my main rig these pieces would be complimentary.

You guys are right though. I pretty much knew all along that I would pay off the debt right away first, I think I was looking to be talked into buying something (probably should have went to the Guitar forum for that). I was debt free this time last year (*only a mortgage payment) but 2008 was really such a {censored}ty year all around (except for music, thank god!) I'm really just happy to be in a position right off the bat in 2009 to get myself out of debt.

Funny thing I noticed is that I broke up with my GF in January 2008 and I'm basically in debt exactly what she would've paid me towards the mortgage and bills....maybe it's a roomate I should be looking for:idea:

• Members
Pay off the debt.

Sorry, but I have little sympathy for people who say they have wanted something "for a long time." How long is long? I've been talking myself out of a Les Paul for going on 8 years. And I've even been able to "afford" it the last two.

I've been waiting probably almost as long, and have been in the position to afford one at points too! (bid on a used one on Ebay at one time but lost:mad:)

...Maybe I should change my screenname to I_wanna_acme_lowb2:idea::D

• Members
Get a home equity line of credit. You can then likely purchase 10's of thousands of dollars in gear and claim the interest on your taxes.

:thu:

You also stand to lose your house and the roof over your family's head if you ever can't make your payments...

• Members
Get a home equity line of credit. You can then likely purchase 10's of thousands of dollars in gear and claim the interest on your taxes.

:thu:

Or just get student loans for a few years and buy gear instead of going to school! :D
I know people who've done that. :facepalm:

• Members

You also stand to lose your house and the roof over your family's head if you ever can't make your payments...

You stand to lose your house with a mortgage anyway if you can't make your payments! The OP also mentioned other debt. He could roll this into the HELOC, get a lower interest rate and write of the interest.

*and I was kidding about the gear purchases*

Archived