2x15............ yay or nay?

sludgebass69

• Members

Honestly, I haven't tried any Peavey amps since I owned some of their stuff in the early 90s. I've never really like any of their gear. The new stuff might be great, but if you're in the market for a 2x15, why would Peavey be the first cabinet that comes to mind?

Yes, I own SWR gear, and I'll be the first to admit that I haven't been that impressed with their cabinets. They sound great, but they haven't been very durable. I can't tell you how many times I've replaced speakers in those things. The SM-900 on the other hand has been great. The biggest issue as of late has been the fact SWR's service has been awful since Fender took them over. I've actually been contemplating of getting rid of my SWR rig and going with something else....EBS? Bergantino? Who knows. I need to make a trip to Chicago and try out some new gear.

• Members

Honestly, I haven't tried any Peavey amps since I owned some of their stuff in the early 90s. I've never really like any of their gear. The new stuff might be great, but if you're in the market for a 2x15, why would Peavey be the first cabinet that comes to mind?

Yes, I own SWR gear, and I'll be the first to admit that I haven't been that impressed with their cabinets. They sound great, but they haven't been very durable. I can't tell you how many times I've replaced speakers in those things. The SM-900 on the other hand has been great. The biggest issue as of late has been the fact SWR's service has been awful since Fender took them over. I've actually been contemplating of getting rid of my SWR rig and going with something else....EBS? Bergantino? Who knows. I need to make a trip to Chicago and try out some new gear.

All of the newer Peavey Tour line has had great feedback. I haven't personally tried them, but the feedback they get certainly doesn't warranty tossing Peavey aside. Especially when you consider the alternatives in the price range.

• Members

So you're totally biased against Peavey without any knowledge of the Tour series cabs, and are recommending others to forget even considering them. Typical. The Tour series cabs are excellent cabs, and you would know that if you ever tried one. The Tour 215 SHOULD be on anyone's list who is considering a 215 cab. Period. You should get out more often...

• Members

So you're totally biased against Peavey without any knowledge of the Tour series cabs, and are recommending others to forget even considering them. Typical. The Tour series cabs are excellent cabs, and you would know that if you ever tried one. The Tour 215 SHOULD be on anyone's list who is considering a 215 cab. Period. You should get out more often...

Yeah, what he said.....

I just might have to wander out to G.C. tomorrow before my gig to see what they have in stock.......hmmm:facepalm:

• Members
So you're totally biased against Peavey without any knowledge of the Tour series cabs, and are recommending others to forget even considering them. Typical.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize Peavey gear has sucked for years. Hey, maybe the new amps are good, but I highly doubt it. :rolleyes:

• Members
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize Peavey gear has sucked for years. Hey, maybe the new amps are good, but I highly doubt it.
:rolleyes:

Does it take a rocket scientist to know that someone who has zero exposure and experience with a line of cabs and amps, has no opinion worth considering at all? Go out and play some before you keep baggin' on them any more than you already do. If you understand bass gear in even the least sense you will recognize quality tone and performance. Of course if you don't know what quality is, then that's another issue altogether.

• Members
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize Peavey gear has sucked for years. Hey, maybe the new amps are good, but I highly doubt it.
:rolleyes:

Somehow, I don't think you know nearly as much as you think you do - for example, the 5150 guitar head has been a rock standard for many years now... Also, the 410TVX can pretty much hold it's own with nearly any 410 on the market - as can Peavey's all-tube bass amps...

- georgestrings

• Members

Does it take a rocket scientist to know that someone who has zero exposure and experience with a line of cabs and amps, has no opinion worth considering at all? Go out and play some before you keep baggin' on them any more than you already do. If you understand bass gear in even the least sense you will recognize quality tone and performance. Of course if you don't know what quality is, then that's another issue altogether.

Well said - his current posts remind me of another HCBF'er that has many times talked about gear he knows nothing about...

- georgestrings

• Members

Does it take a rocket scientist to know that someone who has zero exposure and experience with a line of cabs and amps, has no opinion worth considering at all?

Never said I had any experience with their current line. The only thing I know is pretty much any Peavey gear I have tried has been total crap. :poke:

• Members

Somehow, I don't think you know nearly as much as you think you do - for example, the 5150 guitar head has been a rock standard for many years now... Also, the 410TVX can pretty much hold it's own with nearly any 410 on the market - as can Peavey's all-tube bass amps...

Touche! 5150 isn't a bad amp, but I've never been a big fan. Either way, I gave up on Peavey well before that ever came out.

Archived