What price for a used lefty Ibanez ATK300?

Nuts

• Members

The asking price is $550. Is that fair if it's in good condition? It's orange.

Reviews look pretty decent. Don't know much about them, except that it's a sweet looking bass and I've heard good things, I think.

Edit: It's a mid 90's model. That's as specific as the ad gets.

• Members

That sounds a little high to me, but it depends on the specs and condition. I got my ATK for less, *but* it's right handed, doesn't have a pickguard, and I picked it up about 7 or 8 years ago.

Having said that, if it's in good shape, it's likely worth that much. Of all the basses in my meager collection, I think my ATK might be the toughest to say goodbye to.

Take it for a test drive and see how loudly it calls your name.

• Members

I bought an excellent-condition-used (right-handed) ATK300 (MIK) w/hard case for $300 in mid-'07; that was the going rate at that time. I have seen some go for less than that in the past few months on ebaY.

So in my opinion, that price is a bit high, even for a lefty model.

• Members

Sounds too high to me... I'd say if it were made in JAPAN (the first generation ATKs) it could be worth it, being lefty and all. However, mid-90s probably means it was made in Korea (second generation ATKs), still very good, but according to many people, not quite as good as the Japanese ones. Mine (righty, MIJ), in fair condition cost around 230$, but I was in Japan at the time, and that was at least 5 years ago...

Which pickup configuration does it have? The oldest ones have a single MM type pickup, while the newer ones have an additional J pickup in the neck position.

I don't really know, but aren't the new ATKs cheaper than that? They're made in Indonesia, but still...

So, yeah, too high.

Archived