What was your favorite Alt. Rock, indie, or whatever song this year?

Funkee1

• Members

Believe me, I want to worship it. And if I turn it off or skip songs that make me think it's on repeat, then it is still a genius album. Most bands wish they could pull off even some of RA's amazingness in their careers, let alone on so many tracks every album.

My fav tracks so far are Saviour and The Dirt Whispered. I loved Hero of War too, but I stupidly used it at work for some listening tests and wore myself out on it for now.

i really liked joe's bass sound better on siren song and sufferer, but tim's voice on appeal is better than i've ever heard, at least for them.

YMMV.

• Members

i really liked joe's bass sound better on siren song and sufferer, but tim's voice on appeal is better than i've ever heard, at least for them.

YMMV.

Joe is the man. When I saw them live there was a few songs I wanted to watch specific sections on to see exactly how he did it. I know I can get tabs online, but it's different watching the man who wrote it lay it out.

Every time there was a part I wanted to see, he turned his back. :mad:

It's like he knew, like it was Eddie Van Halen circa 1976. :lol:

And yeah, Tim has never sounded better.

• Members

Joe is
the man.
When I saw them live there was a few songs I wanted to watch specific sections on to see exactly how he did it. I know I can get tabs online, but it's different watching the man who wrote it lay it out.

Every
time there was a part I wanted to see, he turned his back.
:mad:

It's like he knew, like it was Eddie Van Halen circa 1976.
:lol:

And yeah, Tim has never sounded better.

i haven't seen them since the unraveling tour, waaaaay back in the day. hell, i remember them opening here in KC for some local band that never went anywhere...

• Members

i haven't seen them since the unraveling tour, waaaaay back in the day. hell, i remember them opening here in KC for some local band that never went anywhere...

Dude. You really need to see them live now. The show I caught on the sufferer tour literally saved live music for me. I was SO bored with it and had been for so long. Burned out from working in the industry for too long and seeing too many crappy shows lately after a career of working for some really amazing bands back in the day.

I walked away from that one dragging my jaw on the ground. And when my friend and I surfaced to the outdoors again I turned to her and my exact words were "Rise Against just single handedly renewed my faith in live music."

How many punk bands can come out for an encore brandishing two acoustic guitars and get backed by 2 cellists and a violin and make it cool somehow? Exactly.

Archived