"The End of White America"

hi.flyer

• CMS Author

RIght, good point. Well, I mean, I don't know that I need to open my mind to ALL opposing views, heh heh. I think as regards this topic I can safely reject the opinions of, say, Klan members, or um.... crazy racial scientists from the 19th century. But no, you're right. And THAT'S why we have these discussions, I think (not just here on HCBF, but all over the damn place); so we can try to synthesize opposing views and try to figure out something that works.

Maybe instead of trying to snthesize opposing views, take the harder approach of trying to find common views. Hasn't there been enough division and bickering in this country? We've got enough problems on our plates, real problems. It's time to solve them together. Can't we all just get along, Rodney?:lol:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Maybe instead of trying to snthesize opposing views, take the harder approach of trying to find
common
views. Hasn't there been enough division and bickering in this country? We've got enough problems on our plates, real problems. It's time to solve them together. Can't we all just get along, Rodney?
:lol:

And the inner-hippie comes out. :mad:

• Moderators
Maybe instead of trying to snthesize opposing views, take the harder approach of trying to find
common
views. Hasn't there been enough division and bickering in this country? We've got enough problems on our plates, real problems. It's time to solve them together. Can't we all just get along, Rodney?
:lol:

If we all came together, half the PACs that earn a living from creating division would go out of business. In this economy we need to create false tension to make sure people working for those organizations don't lose their jobs. Someone has to pay taxes for the bailout.

• Members

FWIW, most
real
Africans I meet (who happen to be black, but there's lots of white Africans too!) do not in any way like being associated with the American "black society" or culture. They find it insulting.

This hasn't been like thousands of people, but a lot of ones I've met through business or church or school feel pretty strongly about this.

...I can believe that very easily...why would anyone in his right mind/who was being objective in his evaluation want to emulate the overall state of black Americans & their "culture"?...

• Members
...I can believe that very easily...why would anyone in his right mind/who was being objective in his evaluation want to emulate the overall state of black Americans & their "culture"?...

What they seem to dislike the most about it all is the kickback of "African"-Americans, where real "African Americans" (from Africa) have very little or nothing in common with some people here and they feel it reflects poorly on them.

And btw most of this is unsolicited info. :)

• Members

Many if not most Italian immigrants resent the implication that they are connected to the mafia for the same reason.

• Members

Both my son and I have Gaelic (ish) names and going back in history my family has all it's ties originating in the British Isles. My favourite beer is also Irish FWIW.

I don't call myself Irish, I don't try to speak in an accent and I can't imagine trying to call myself an Irish Canadian, that's just stupid. But does that make me a poser for giving my son an "ethnic" name?

Nah, you're cool.

It's not like you're trying to be something that you're not - you're just proud of your heritage.

The whole rap/gansta pop culture tie-in with "African American identity" is pretty bogus - that {censored} didn't come from Africa, it came from California and New York.

• Members

The whole rap/gansta pop culture tie-in with "African American identity" is pretty bogus - that {censored} didn't come from Africa, it came from California and New York.

That's the rub I hear the most.

Most true "African" people are very family and structure oriented, much like most Indian clients/families we know and do work for.

• Members

That's the rub I hear the most.

Most true "African" people are very family and structure oriented, much like most Indian clients/families we know and do work for.

Yea, well, I mean, that's why it's Afr-Am culture instead of just African. It's a totally different social group.

• Members
I actually kinda wish I WAS a made man.
:o

My uncle scared the crap out of some ghetto chick years ago using that implication....

He's basically one of the few remaining non-colored folks in his neighborhood, and he looks very Italian....

Some thug was giving him grief from her apartment window, and he said something like: "Don't mess with me lady - I'm Italian and I know people"

She ducked right back inside that apartment - never said another word to him. :lol:

• Members
...I'm not sure of your meaning...are you serious or is this tongue-in-cheek?...if serious, how in the world can you be serious?...in what way is it cool?...if t-i-c, "nevermind" to quote Rosanne Rosannadanna...

I'm totally serious. I like rap/hip-hop, jazz, blues, the frikkin', Harlem Renaissance, Jean-Michel Basquiat, etc. etc. etc. etc., the list goes on forever.

African-American culture is the BOMB!:cool:

• Members

Yea, well, I mean, that's why it's Afr-Am culture instead of just African. It's a totally different social group.

Yes, but who's to say how you differentiate real Africans who are also Americans besides the people who are just black and live and were born here?

They don't like the mixing of the two.

It isn't the same, and why the ties and claiming of the "homeland" doesn't sit well with many.

• Members

What they seem to dislike the most about it all is the kickback of "African"-Americans, where real "African Americans" (from Africa) have very little or nothing in common with some people here and they feel it reflects poorly on them.

And btw most of this is unsolicited info.
:)

...yes, right...and why wouldn't it, in many circumstances, reflect poorly?...no reason whatsoever, because it very often does...

• Members
I'm totally serious. I like rap/hip-hop, jazz, blues, the frikkin', Harlem Renaissance, Jean-Michel Basquiat, etc. etc. etc. etc., the list goes on forever.

African-American culture is the BOMB!
:cool:

I always knew hi-flier was a wigger.
Not that I needed anymore evidence, but, there ya go. ;):thu:

• Members

It
is
interesting...

The blending of races was once shunned, but biracial couples are commonplace now. The generations who would have chastised them are dead or dying.

so the minorities (majorities now) have learned how to manufacture propaganda now....

Archived