"The End of White America"

hi.flyer

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:confused:
What does hate have to do with anything in my post?

no no, I mean once all of mankind becomes one color and one "race"...there will still be other reasons for us to hate each other.

Not really anything to do with your post I guess...and I guess I was also stating the obvious....and I guess I really didn't have anything constructive to add....and I guess I should stop writing to this post here as I'm just digging myself deeper....

:facepalm:

• Members

The majority of America will be light brown soon. Not sure exactly what they consider "soon" but not in our lives, I suspect. Nor the lives of our great great grand children.

One of the news programs this past Sunday suggested that it will be somewhere near 2045 or 2050 given immigration and multiracial children - could be within my lifetime.

• Members

Having not cared enough to read the article, but gauging by the responses and summaries of the article included herein, I think the title is a misnomer. Should it not be "End to Racial America" or "End to Race in America"?

Cause not only will there be no true white, but no true black, etc. :confused:

• Members

In general, this would be a good thing, though we can't see what new issues will arise that may be worse than what we have today or have had in the past, though its difficult to imagine?

The only downside I see is lack of variety. I dated (or had one-nighters with) women of different races from around the world (starting in high school, through college, and I had an international job for several years, until I had enough of the global airline travel). If everyone is eventually the same single race (white-black-asian... mix), it may not be as much fun? I like variety, and there are beautiful women wherever you go. No race has the lock on the hot girls. :cool:

Peace.

• Members
no no, I mean once all of mankind becomes one color and one "race"...there will still be other reasons for us to hate each other.

Oh that's very true. Mankind is dooming itself with it's propensity for hatred and violence. It doesn't need race as a reason, that's what religion is for. :lol:

• Members
Having not cared enough to read the article
, but gauging by the responses and summaries of the article included herein, I think the title is a misnomer. Should it not be "End to Racial America" or "End to Race in America"?

Cause not only will there be no true white, but no true black, etc.
:confused:

I figured this would be one of those threads. But hey, that's okay. "The End of White America" is just the title of the piece, dude. :o

• Members
My heritage is Scot/German/Cherokee... but I was born here.

I call myself an American

:thu:

I am third generation Canadian and when someone asks me where I am from, I always say Canada. Pisses 100% of the people off 100% of the time. I don't get it. How many generations, decades, centuries do we need to go back? Seriously, why can't we be proud of where we are from?

• Members
I figured this would be one of those threads. But hey, that's okay. "The End of White America" is just the title of the piece, dude.
:o

It'll be "one of those threads" because it's the kind you start. You find your pet issue of the day, usually racial in tone, and try to casually get someone fired up. So I guess you figured right. Until you quit pointing out race, the rest of us can't start ignoring it. :cop: :poke:

• Members
Most racial discussions/articles bore me to no end. Focusing on race is a tool of divisiveness, IMO, and I'm quite frankly sick of it.

Dang...

We actually agree on something, for once. :D

I really could care less about race. If we're all brown/taupe/ecru etc in a few centuries, who really cares? Skin color is not a defining characteristic of 'being American.'

Besides, think about all the hawt multi-ethnic wimmerns who'll will be around. :D

• Members

The history of India might be instructive here. It is no accident that the lighter-skinned people (supposedly descended from Aryan immigrants thousands of years ago) belong to the higher castes - and that the castes even today rarely interact except in time-worn ways.

I worry that "halfbreed" racism might be stronger than the previous generations' hatred before our times.

I personally don't give a {censored}, but there are still old-fashioned beliefs and people who are genuinely angry.

• Members
Oh that's very true. Mankind is dooming itself with it's propensity for hatred and violence. It doesn't need race as a reason, that's what religion is for.
:lol:

That's a bit of an overstatement, most religions (and religious people) don't want to fight and/or kill in the name of religion. Many who do have been manipulated by a few who's number one goal is to remain in power so they don't have to practice what they preach. Religion is not the problem, oppression is and it's usually diguised by diversion.

Archived