Mesa Boogie M9 Carbine announced!!!

In Absentia

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't seem to think, I know for a fact. apparently you have never played a large enough show that requires sound reinforcement or do you even know what sound reinforcement is:IDK

you are as just as big of a know it all jerk as as you are at archery talk:facepalm:

Edit: and OH BTW I would have replied sooner but I had a show to play last night and I don't play unless they pay:wave:

I've played enough shows to know that most in-house monitor systems either suck or don't have someone competent running them and I usually end up relying on my rig to run as reference. In my last band I was competing with a Triple Rectifier and a dimed JCM 800. Sorry, but 100 watts would not have cut it.

• Moderators

Yeah. Mike tried it out and it's pretty transparent.

It's "flat" setting (controls at noon) has a slight mid dip centered around 200 Hz and a rising response towards the treble. It helps counteract the congested mids many cabinets naturally have and gives a sense of clarity with the mild tilt towards the treble side.

• Members

It's "flat" setting (controls at noon) has a slight mid dip centered around 200 Hz and a rising response towards the treble. It helps counteract the congested mids many cabinets naturally have and gives a sense of clarity with the mild tilt towards the treble side.

Hmmm, interesting. No wonder they are trying to market this to us upright players. Eq ing it that way would mean less clack and more click for a Rockabilly player right out of the box. IN other words, even flat it would sound better right away and less muddled.

900 watts too. That would certainly mean a whole lot of headroom.

• Members
It's always funny to find out that 'transparent' really doesn't ever mean 'uncolored'.

Anytime you electrify something you're colouring it. Transparent in this situation means when I plug in my upright, it's going to still sound like an upright and not a Pbass with some foam under the bridge. :D

• Members

I don't seem to think, I know for a fact. apparently you have never played a large enough show that requires sound reinforcement or do you even know what sound reinforcement is:IDK

you are as just as big of a know it all jerk as as you are at archery talk:facepalm:

Edit: and OH BTW I would have replied sooner but I had a show to play last night and I don't play unless they pay:wave:

Oh, I've played in front of a crowd of over 5,000 quite a few times over the years - and just this past summer played a gig called the Boilermaker Run in Utica, NY - with a pretty large attendance(IIRC, about 60k), if you want to look into it... I've been gigging on and off for about 30 years, and also run sound for other bands in my area - I'd be willing to be that I know alot more about sound reinforcement that you do, to be honest...

But then, I don't expect much from someone who thinks as highly of Rogues as you do - obviously, you don't know jack...

As for Archery Talk - I made a few friends there, and butted heads a couple of times, too - mostly when I ran into people who thought junk archery equipment was on par with pro gear - that's probably how you formed your impression of me there: it's not much of a stretch to think that maybe your archery gear is as crappy as your choice of basses is - sorry if I offended you by pointing that out...

I've got to wonder just how good last night's gig you played actually was - how many people were there, and did you actually get paid for it???

- georgestrings

• Members

I've played enough shows to know that most in-house monitor systems either suck or don't have someone competent running them and I usually end up relying on my rig to run as reference. In my last band I was competing with a Triple Rectifier and a dimed JCM 800. Sorry, but 100 watts would not have cut it.

Exactly - I'll bet that the vast majority of gigging bassists here don't use a 100 watt amp, either - probably just a coincidence, though...

- georgestrings

• Members

Oh, I've played in front of a crowd of over 5,000 quite a few times over the years - and just this past summer played a gig called the Boilermaker Run in Utica, NY - with a pretty large attendance(IIRC, about 60k), if you want to look into it... I've been gigging on and off for about 30 years, and also run sound for other bands in my area - I'd be willing to be that I know alot more about sound reinforcement that you do, to be honest...

But then, I don't expect much from someone who thinks as highly of Rogues as you do - obviously, you don't know jack...

As for Archery Talk - I made a few friends there, and butted heads a couple of times, too - mostly when I ran into people who thought junk archery equipment was on par with pro gear - that's probably how you formed your impression of me there: it's not much of a stretch to think that maybe your archery gear is as crappy as your choice of basses is - sorry if I offended you by pointing that out...

I've got to wonder just how good last night's gig you played actually was - how many people were there, and did you actually get paid for it???

- georgestrings

HA HA you are such a {censored}in tool go play with your self.:rolleyes:

EDIT: since you know I have a couple of rogues you also know I also have a BB Titan head and matching powerhouse 4x12 cabs and a complete Peavey sound system not to mention all the other gear I have accumulated in the past 35 years as a active professional musician/sound/ recording engineer other gear including Gibson, Fender, Rickenbacker and warrior guitars and bass guitars.

and We wont go into the thousands of dollars I have spent on stage lighting and the trailer it takes to haul it all around

So ya I am so sure you know so much more about sound reinforcement than me just like you know so much more about arcehery than the rest of the world:rolleyes:

Jerk off

and as far as using an amp period I guarantee you that I have enough sound equipment to jar your teeth loose by using only a DI box so keep spouting your horse {censored} because I am done listening to it big boy.

If you call Newberry bows crap gear I guess you have me there

Have a nice day:wave:

• Members
HA HA you are such a {censored}in tool go play with your self.
:rolleyes:

So, I'll take that as you played in front of 5 drunks down at the local watering hole - nice gig, if that's what you're into...

Tonight, I'm playing the same place I played on Halloween(some here *might* remember a few of the pics) - probably 100-200 people in attendance, and plenty of hotties in the crowd... Oh, and there'll be a PA there - mine...

- georgestrings

• Moderators

A guitard who has to dime a JCM800 wouldn't cut it in my book.;)

• Members

I completely agree most club around here have {censored} rigs but I have my own sound rig and it is the best you can get IMMHO A&H 32 channell with sweepable mids, low cut and midmorph EQ with some Of the best on board preamps and effects you can get in any mixer, several rack mount amp modelers, Roland and Boss graphic equalizers and pre amps, 9 Peavey power amps, Peavey 12" and 15"monitors and a set of Peavey Versa Arrays stacked 4 high on top of Peavey VA 2x18 that will rattle your fillings loose which I use and also rent out to other bands and local festivalls of course no one touches the board except me and I have been doing this I know at least 23 years on and off and have been gigging I guess you could say semi pro for the last 30 years on and off and I do have a BA in music so I think I have a pretty good handle on how to EQ a board no I will not get it exactly the way the guitard will want it but it will be so close the listening audience can't tell the difference nor will the audience give a {censored} if the band is good OTOH you can polish a turd but it will only be a shiny Turd :facepalm:

:wave:

• Members
So, I'll take that as you played in front of 5 drunks down at the local watering hole - nice gig, if that's what you're into...

Tonight, I'm playing the same place I played on Halloween(some here *might* remember a few of the pics) - probably 100-200 people in attendance, and plenty of hotties in the crowd... Oh, and there'll be a PA there - mine...

- georgestrings

Quite similar to the crowds my Ampeg B100R kicked ass with. :thu:

• Members
I completely agree most club around here have {censored} rigs but I have my own sound rig and it is the best you can get IMMHO A&H 32 channell with sweepable mids, low cut and midmorph EQ with some Of the best on board preamps and effects you can get in any mixer, several rack mount amp modelers, Roland and Boss graphic equalizers and pre amps, 9 Peavey power amps, Peavey 12" and 15"monitors and a set of Peavey Versa Arrays stacked 4 high on top of Peavey VA 2x18 that will rattle your fillings loose which I use and also rent out to other bands and local festivalls of course no one touches the board except me and I have been doing this I know at least 23 years on and off and have been gigging I guess you could say semi pro for the last 30 years on and off and I do have a BA in music so I think I have a pretty good handle on how to EQ a board no I will not get it exactly the way the guitard will want it but it will be so close the listening audience can't tell the difference nor will the audience give a {censored} if the band is good OTOH you can polish a turd but it will only be a shiny Turd
:facepalm:
:wave:

And I have a BA in Audio Engineering. Your situation is a special one. I'm happy you have such an awesome rig (although I wouldn't wanna haul it around) but for the rest of us out here in the real world we're lucky to get a single 12" Yammy wedge for our entire monitor mix.

So, essentially, you're taking your ideal situation (great sound system, knowledgeable personnel to run said system) and using the logic that because you have to use less than 900 watts, nobody should have to? That's some flawed-ass logic, son. I play in {censored} venues (Satyricon in Portland, Noise Box in Vancouver, Hawthorne Theater, The Tonic) and I would be lost if I didn't have 900 watts and 6 10 inch speakers kicking me in the ass while I play.

For the median, 900 watts is a safety measure. It's better to overdo it than underdo it, and you're being pretty damn ignorant of the real world for someone who's been playing for 30 years.

• Moderators

I need to design a device that plugs in inline with speaker cables to safely and accurately measure output voltage (used to determine wattage). I would love to educate the masses. 100 watts will not cut if for everyone, but a lot of people would be shocked that they've been gigging with less.

• Moderators

For the median, 900 watts is a safety measure. It's better to overdo it than underdo it, and you're being pretty damn ignorant of the real world for someone who's been playing for 30 years.

For the median player or for your median gig?

• Members

This is believe.
:D

For the median player or for your median gig?

To compete with the musicians I've played with, my median gig. I mean, honestly, if I had a good sound system I'd have no problem running a 100 watt amp, but I don't have that luxury.

Beyond that, if you can get 900 watts, why would you want less? The only thing you're trading is amp size, and that's even becoming less of an issue these days. Doesn't mean I WILL use it, just means it's there when I do.

Archived