Insulting another member gets you an Esteban!

Hamer-Bass-Head

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is dumb as hell. The only reason I've stuck with this forum is because of the freedom of speech here. Even Hawkhuff as annoying as he may have been helped make this forum what it was. I suspect that this forum will go the way of talkbass and therefore I'll probably not be here for long.

Hell the next time one of those "Find out who's been looking for you" threads is gonna get me banned.

If this forum no longer lets discussions get heated then this place will become poo.

discussions are fine. just insulting people by calling them childish names is kind of crossing the line and it's never really been tolerated here. Yes, sometimes people that know each other personally will joke around with one another here....but hopefully some people will have the common sense to know what is what.

But common sense doesn't always prevail so then the mods have to come down hard like Jazz Ad did.

• Members

This is dumb as hell. The only reason I've stuck with this forum is because of the freedom of speech here. Even Hawkhuff as annoying as he may have been helped make this forum what it was. I suspect that this forum will go the way of talkbass and therefore I'll probably not be here for long.

Hell the next time one of those "Find out who's been looking for you" threads is gonna get me banned.

If this forum no longer lets discussions get heated then this place will become poo.

We actually get away with quite a bit here, way more than 'other' forums. Huff needed a time-out, and I'm pretty sure it's not permanent.

In fact, I think several HOF Members have been banned at one point or another...

• Members

I don't think hawkhuff should have been banned for being an asshole. All he's ever done is piss people off sure, but once this place starts throwing around estebans for {censored} that used to fly here it's gonna suck.

For starters no one is gonna be able to have a conversation with Optimus Prime again :lol:

• Members

If you start your rant with "in my opinion" then it passes legal muster. Example; "in my opinion your post is so dumb that you, in my opinion, are quite possibly a retard".

Lacks bite of course.

That doesn't work as well with the police as my drunken "legal genius" friends thought. :cop::lol:

• Members

discussions are fine.
just insulting people by calling them childish names is kind of crossing the line and it's never really been tolerated here.
Yes, sometimes people that know each other personally will joke around with one another here....but hopefully some people will have the common sense to know what is what.

But common sense doesn't always prevail so then the mods have to come down hard like Jazz Ad did.

but thats our normal line of conversation around here, so are we all banned and just to dumb or stubborn to realize it? :lol:

• Members

discussions are fine. just insulting people by calling them childish names is kind of crossing the line and it's never really been tolerated here. Yes, sometimes people that know each other personally will joke around with one another here....but hopefully some people will have the common sense to know what is what.

I've always seen it tolerated

• Members

I don't think hawkhuff should have been banned for being an asshole. All he's ever done is piss people off sure, but once this place starts throwing around estebans for {censored} that used to fly here it's gonna suck.

For starters no one is gonna be able to have a conversation with Optimus Prime again
:lol:

The problem comes from when not everyone is playing by the same rules. HK was not playing by the rules and everyone else was. If it was a free for all and everyone could respond in kind to his, or anyone's posts, then fine. But if you keep skirting the line you get your pee pee smacked.

• Members

Is it an insult to point out the obvious?

Like, if I said "Renfield blows guys in alleys for quarters", all I am doing is quoting his bi-weekly activity.

Or if I said "Willsellout is a bastard because he has the cabinets I want" ?

Oh yeah --> :D

;)

• Members

The problem comes from when not everyone is playing by the same rules. HK was not playing by the rules and everyone else was. If it was a free for all and everyone could respond in kind to his, or anyone's posts, then fine. But if you keep skirting the line you get your pee pee smacked.

1st. I don't want anyone smacking my pee pee.

2nd. I'm pretty sure we're having a conversation ofer 2 threads

3rd. IME every time Hawkhuff got out of hand, it was because someone baited him. Not that's a suitable excuse for a full grown man.

• Members

Like, if I said "Renfield blows guys in alleys for quarters", all I am doing is quoting his bi-weekly activity.

Oh yeah -->
:D

;)

Oh now you've done it! Don't you realize from HK's bannination that the smiley face doesn't work? Sheesh!

reports post, then goes to grab tissues for hurt feelings

• Members

Oh yeah -->
:D

;)

now that would be insulting, because due to his level of experience he's up to charging a dollar now

Archived