What Color FretFX should I get?

burdizzos

• Members

I have red on the Knuckle anf Warmoth. Fantastic. Bright enough to be seen.

I have blue on my blueburst Ric. The blue looks great, but is very bright. Illuminatingly bright.

The red is nice visible dots right where it needs to be.

I vote red.

• Members

Another observation on the blue. This is gonna sound weird, but the light from the blue LEDs make things look a little blurry. Kinda the opposite of the Blu-Blocker sunglasses.

Since I'm not a handsome man, wouldn't that be a plus?

I like the idea of the LEDs being clearly visible from stage, but I suspect the red LEDs would probably look better.

• Members

Thanks for posting this. I had forgotten about this. I'm all about the pimp factor. Oh, and I vote blue just because Rowka said they are BRIGHT.

I said it first.:mad:

Kidding aside the extra brightness help for the 'pimp factor', since the led's are on the top edge of the neck, not facing the crowd. The crowd see's them better if the bass is tilted towards them, since otherwise they will only see the side view of the led's. The brighter they are, the better they show up to the audience. In a dark enviornment though, they are bright enough to make if a little tough to see just where you are on the neck, but it's not the worst thing.

• Members

Every time I've played with the LEDs on (red or blue). EVERY TIME, at least 4 people in the audience commented on how cool it was.

For me, it's a functional thing, though.

The Exploiter is getting amber dots, with double red at 12 and 24.

Archived