Time for another embarrassing confessions thread!

Funkee1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

confessions?

I shoulda been a cowboy

I shoulda learned to rope & ride

I'd be wearin' my 6-shooter

ridin' my pony on a cattle drive

Stealin' the young girls' hearts

just like Gene & Roy

singin' those campfire songs

Oh I shoulda been a cowboy

Or

Maybe I should have chased that neon rainbow and lived a honky tonk dream. :idk:

I know the words to all of these songs, and love 'em!

Sorry I didn't get any John Michael Montgomery, George Strait, Randy Travis, Garth Brooks, Brooks & Dunn, or Joe Diffie in here. But here's enough to get us started:

1hz0EXXZU8g

HwTVy-nhi1E

B-_W18CWypE

nMhaehb5AnE

rxnePsPIQQU

• Members

Very well, where do I begin...

1) I attended a New Kids On The Block show because I wanted to.

2) I have a crush on Jennifer Hart...and Jonathan Hart! :eek:

3) A repeat: I think "Kryptonite" is a very good song.

4) I thought "Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows" was a great movie.

5) If David Bowie wanted to have his way with me, I would let him.

6) I watch a really horrible German soap opera EVERY NIGHT with my girlfriend, and I enjoy it. If we are out and about while it airs, we tape it.

7) I own complete seasons of Transformers and MacGyver on dvd. They were not gifts.

8) I have Limp Bizkit's "Significant Other" in my cd collection.

9) I really like the song "Toxic" by Britney Spears.

• Members

Bro Mango is a {censored}kicker?:idea:

It's all good, homey. "Neon Moon" is one of my favorite songs. Probably the only country song that I'll vibe with if it's on the radio. That and "The Thunder Rolls".

My high school had a rodeo team. The cowboys used to practice roping on their girlfriends in the parking lot. We used to drive by them and yell "SADDLE UP, {censored}KICKERS!!!", and they would throw horse {censored} at our cars.:D

But we were cool with those guys. The rich kids had their own parking lot for their BMW's and Porche's, no kidding, and it only had one way in and out. One afternoon, after all those kids had parked their cars after lunch, the {censored}kickers came up to a bunch of us getting high in a van and asked us to help them with something. We offloaded 3 truckloads of the stinkiest {censored}ing manure I've ever smelled, and blocked the exit to the top lot with a 5 foot high mound of wet {censored}, then got the {censored} out of there.

It was still there the next morning, along with a parking lot full of luxury cars. The kids with trucks drove over the curb and the flower garden to get out, and the school had to bring in a county front-end loader to move it. So awesome.:D

C7

• Members

Very well, where do I begin...

1) I attended a New Kids On The Block show because I wanted to.

2) I have a crush on Jennifer Hart...and Jonathan Hart!
:eek:

3) A repeat: I think "Kryptonite" is a very good song.

4) I thought "Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows" was a great movie.

5) If David Bowie wanted to have his way with me, I would let him.

6) I watch a really horrible German soap opera EVERY NIGHT with my girlfriend, and I enjoy it. If we are out and about while it airs, we tape it.

7) I own complete seasons of Transformers and MacGyver on dvd. They were not gifts.

8) I have Limp Bizkit's "Significant Other" in my cd collection.

9) I really like the song "Toxic" by Britney Spears.

Ground Control to Taustin Powers,

Kryptonite is a very very good song! :thu::thu: And may God's love be with you.

• Members

Bro Mango is a {censored}kicker?
:idea:

It's all good, homey. "Neon Moon" is one of my favorite songs. Probably the only country song that I'll vibe with if it's on the radio. That and "The Thunder Rolls".

My high school had a rodeo team. The cowboys used to practice roping on their girlfriends in the parking lot. We used to drive by them and yell "SADDLE UP, {censored}KICKERS!!!", and they would throw horse {censored} at our cars.
:D

But we were cool with those guys. The rich kids had their own parking lot for their BMW's and Porche's, no kidding, and it only had one way in and out. One afternoon, after all those kids had parked their cars after lunch, the {censored}kickers came up to a bunch of us getting high in a van and asked us to help them with something. We offloaded 3 truckloads of the stinkiest {censored}ing manure I've ever smelled, and blocked the exit to the top lot with a 5 foot high mound of wet {censored}, then got the {censored} out of there.

It was still there the next morning, along with a parking lot full of luxury cars. The kids with trucks drove over the curb and the flower garden to get out, and the school had to bring in a county front-end loader to move it. So awesome.
C7

That sounds like a BLAST!! And ... a high school with a rodeo team. How'd you end up with such a cool life?

The Thunder Rolls ... the content in there is sad.

Neon Moon is wonderful.

• Members

That sounds like a BLAST!! And ... a high school with a rodeo team. How'd you end up with such a cool life?

The Thunder Rolls ... the content in there is sad.

Neon Moon is wonderful.

My high school was weird. We had dirt poor kids, and obnoxiously rich kids, and it was almost 100% white. I was in the "dirt poor" category. We were the only school in the county with a student smoking area, which was sanctioned by the school, and right behind it was a medium security juvenile detention facility. Kids used to break out of jail and come beg us to give them street clothes. A kid got beat up and stripped down to his underwear one time, and the escapee managed to convince someone to give him a ride to Boulder, likely under extreme duress.:D

You could slip under the fence behind the soccer fields, onto prison property, and it was thick scrub oak brush; we built "huts" by pulling the branches together into a teepee shape, and tying them off. In the winter the snow would build up and we would start fires in them to stay warm while we chugged gallons of Carlo Rossi, dropped acid, and hit the bong. We even dragged couches back there one year.

On the west side of the campus was a decommissioned gravel quarry; they stopped digging there when they found dinosaur fossils, which were very visible. We would hang out there and smoke blunts with The Ancient Ones, and the occasional archeology student from CU. It's part of a golf course, now.

So my embarrassing confession? I'm the guy that wishes he could go back to high school for one more semester, because man did we party.:D

C7

• Members

My high school was weird. We had dirt poor kids, and obnoxiously rich kids, and it was almost 100% white. I was in the "dirt poor" category. We were the only school in the county with a student smoking area, which was sanctioned by the school, and right behind it was a medium security juvenile detention facility. Kids used to break out of jail and come beg us to give them street clothes. A kid got beat up and stripped down to his underwear one time, and the escapee managed to convince someone to give him a ride to Boulder, likely under extreme duress.
You could slip under the fence behind the soccer fields, onto prison property, and it was thick scrub oak brush; we built "huts" by pulling the branches together into a teepee shape, and tying them off. In the winter the snow would build up and we would start fires in them to stay warm while we chugged gallons of Carlo Rossi, dropped acid, and hit the bong. We even dragged couches back there one year.

On the west side of the campus was a decommissioned gravel quarry; they stopped digging there when they found dinosaur fossils, which were very visible. We would hang out there and smoke blunts with The Ancient Ones, and the occasional archeology student from CU. It's part of a golf course, now.

So my embarrassing confession? I'm the guy that wishes he could go back to high school for one more semester, because man did we party.
C7

You paint a vivid picture. Would 1 more semester be enough?

• Members

You paint a vivid picture. Would 1 more semester be enough?

Yeah. Knowing what I know now, any more time than that and I would start to attract too much attention from the authorities.:D

Well, maybe a whole year would be better. I wasn't sad to leave that place, couldn't get away fast enough, but then I started to understand what the song "Jack and Diane" was all about...

Realistically, the reason I wish I could do high school over again is that I should have applied myself and gotten the grades and gone off to college. I can't seem to get my little cousins that are that age now to understand why I tell them to knock off the bull{censored} and get good grades, but I didn't listen to anyone then, either. I was having way too much fun.:D

C7

Archived