No more agriculture in California...

chris-dax

• Members

And they were guilty.

Bush - Terrorists are trying to kill us! (with some pretty identifiable facts to back it up)

Obama - The populations of the earth are going to stave to death after they are killed by hurricanes, droughts, and floods whilst waiting in lines for months to get a cup of gasoline! (with a a consortium of scientists and politicos that deny other scientist disagree with them)

Obama, FTW!

:D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • CMS Author

Don't forget the REAL California Dairy industry. The whole happy cows make happy milk ad campaign...

realcamilk_logo.gif

What will we do with out "happy milk" ? ? ?

{censored} that noise. I want angry, pissed-off cows squirting hot nasty-ass milk into rusty buckets. {censored}ing Californian's and their happy-peppy feel-good bull{censored}:mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators

Bush - Terrorists are trying to kill us! (with some pretty identifiable facts to back it up)

Obama - The populations of the earth are going to stave to death after they are killed by hurricanes, droughts, and floods whilst waiting in lines for months to get a cup of gasoline! (with a a consortium of scientists and politicos that deny other scientist disagree with them)

Obama, FTW!

Maybe, if that were all Bush and his administration said. You're forgetting smoking gun, mushroom cloud, WMD's, Cheney saying that unless Bush were re-elected, terrorists would kill us all (or something like that), Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11 and on and on and on. Obama has a long way to go to catch up.

• CMS Author

Maybe, if that were all Bush and his administration said. You're forgetting smoking gun, mushroom cloud, WMD's, Cheney saying that unless Bush were re-elected, terrorists would kill us all (or something like that), Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11 and on and on and on. Obama has a long way to go to catch up.

Point being that Obama & Co. are using fear just as effectively, and it's only his first month in office. I guess this wasn't part of the new way of running government he was talking about.

• Members

That all fell under "terrorist are treying to kill us!" except "Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11" which I'd love to see a quote on. :D

• Members

Yes, but it's expensive, and uses a lot of energy.

Won't boiling it do most of the work? Just hook up a bunch of solar panels and windmills to the giant boiler and pump the sea water through it!! Maybe generate the energy from the waves themselves! :eek:

• Moderators

That all fell under "terrorist are treying to kill us!" except "Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11" which I'd love to see a quote on.

Were you not paying attention for the last several years? He said, over and over again, that there was a link between Hussein and al-Qaeda, and at least hinting that Hussein had been involved. I'll plead guilty to some exaggeration, in that I don't know that he ever specifically said that Hussein was behind it, but that was the impression a large number of Americans got from what he actually did say, and the administration did nothing to change that.

Along with the contention that Saddam Hussein was stockpiling weapons of mass destruction, President Bush, Vice President Cheney and other top administration officials have often asserted that there were extensive ties between Hussein's government and Osama bin Laden's terrorist network; earlier this year, Cheney said evidence of a link was "overwhelming."http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A47812-2004Jun16.html

There was a segment on The Daily Show after Cheney claimed that he never said any such thing, with video clips of Cheney saying exactly that.

• Moderators

Won't boiling it do most of the work? Just hook up a bunch of solar panels and windmills to the giant boiler and pump the sea water through it!! Maybe generate the energy from the waves themselves!
:eek:

If that were cheap and easy, it would already be being done. And no, boiling it would concentrate the salt, not remove it. You have to catch the vapor boiled off and condense it to get fresh water. That's distillation.

There are other ways, such as reverse osmosis. I understand that Israel is doing a lot of work in the area of desalinization. In fact, I've read that they have the world's largest desalinization plant.

Seawater Desalination in California

• CMS Author

Were you not paying attention for the last several years? He said, over and over again, that there was a link between Hussein and al-Qaeda, and at least hinting that Hussein had been involved. I'll plead guilty to some exaggeration, in that I don't know that he ever specifically said that Hussein was behind it, but that was the impression a large number of Americans got from what he actually did say, and the administration did nothing to change that.

So the impression of "a large number" of Americans, is proof that Bush stated Hussein was behind 9/11? Where'd they get that impression, if Bush didn't actually say it? Couldn't have anything to do with how the media presents reality, now could it? Nahh.....:lol:

• Moderators

So the impression of "a large number" of Americans, is proof that Bush stated Hussein was behind 9/11? Where'd they get that impression, if Bush didn't actually say it? Couldn't have anything to do with how the media presents reality, now could it? Nahh.....
:lol:

I never said Bush said it. I said Cheney said it, and admitted to exaggeration. I also think that the media were reporting things exactly the way the Bush administration wanted them to. Did you ever see the almost word for word talking points on different networks?

• Members

Obama, FTW!

"This recession might linger for years. Our economy will lose 5 million more jobs. Unemployment will approach double digits. Our nation will sink deeper into a crisis that, at some point, we may not be able to reverse," Obama wrote in the newspaper piece titled, "The Action Americans Need

• Members

"This recession might linger for years. Our economy will lose 5 million more jobs. Unemployment will approach double digits. Our nation will sink deeper into
in the newspaper piece titled, "The Action Americans Need

Well apparently this week "The Action Americans Need" is delaying the DTV date. Terrorists running around, global warming, recession, unemployment, stimulus package arguments, but DTV is on the plate this week. Nice job, very important stuff, way to hit the ground running.

• Members

Yes, +1 on the grapes. Loves California wine. Of course I don't drink much of it anymore since I live right smack in the middle of Michigan wine country and I like supporting the local economy. Very small vineyards here, but pretty decent wine. And it's cool to actually go to the vineyard and buy the wine directly.
:thu:

No kidding!:thu: We love Lemon Creek, and the Round Barn rawks.

• Moderators

So.....I win?
:confused:

If you like.

I still say that hundreds of statements by Bush administration officials hugely outweigh a few statements by Obama administration officials, but it's not fair to compare this early in the game. The Bushiites are still leagues in front.

Archived