Doing my part for the economy...

James Hart

• Members

It reminds me of a conversation I had with Fred while working out my bass. I was talking about how the stinger shape looks a lot different on 6+ strings to 4-5 and he said he was considering rounding it out to suit fewer strings a bit more. I've no idea whether this shape was born from those thoughts (he told me lots of people had similar sentiments) but I wouldn't be surprised.

• Members

It reminds me of a conversation I had with Fred while working out my bass. I was talking about how the stinger shape looks a lot different on 6+ strings to 4-5 and he said he was considering rounding it out to suit fewer strings a bit more. I've no idea whether this shape was born from those thoughts (he told me lots of people had similar sentiments) but I wouldn't be surprised.

Here is the little snippit Fred emailed me as to the back story on the design.

You would be the first to actually order one. I did this in a huge hurry just before NAMM so I would have something new for the show. This design really flowed quickly... about 20 minutes from blank page to finished body outline. Then I just slammed it together. Was still working on it the day we left for California, and did the setup in our hotel the day before the show. So this model has only been in existence for a week and a half.

who knows where the inspiration came from... but I know the Stinger is a mod of the first Bee Fred designed and built in 1994

firstbee.jpg

Archived