OT: Saving Abel guitarist charged in sex assault

chunky-b

• Members

Yeah. He could have just kicked her off the bus.

Of course, the victim hasn't made a statement yet according to the article. She could be going for a Kobe Special. It sucks to say it, but girls lie about this stuff all the time, which is terrible for both the accused, and every other woman that really does get assaulted.

C7

Exactly. there are plenty of women out there looking to scam some rich musician or athlete or whatever. But I despise seeing people say "What did she expect?"

She might be a gold digging bitch but we don't know that yet. How would some of you guys feel if your 17 year old daughter or little sister was just super excited to get to go on a tour bus with a famous band!!!! And then got forced into blowing some jack ass?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She might be a gold digging bitch but we don't know that yet. How would some of you guys feel if your 17 year old daughter or little sister was just super excited to get to go on a tour bus with a famous band!!!!

I'd feel like one of the worst parents in the world. Seriously.

• Members

This whole thing is redicolous. She went there trying to {censored} a rock star and got short changed with a blow job. Where do these people come from.

Something something like this is probably a good starting point. I realize 17 probably looks a whole lot younger to me than to this band but it still looks young enough to check. Let the minors play with the minors. Cages suck.

This one unlikely to lead to cages.

No victim's statement = probably no prosecution, just a civil suit settled.

And there go the profits. :)

• Members

I hope I've done a good enough job informing my relatives in their teenaged years of exactly why they should avoid being in any sort of closed environment with any testosterone-charged group of males in any situation - the football team after the game; the band after a show; the freaking glee club after a great pep rally; just a bunch of friends hanging out on a weekend alone. Whatever. One teenaged girl alone with a small group of males is a bad idea all around. People get funny ideas in situations like that, and do things they normally wouldn't do.

That doesn't excuse the males in this scenario, of course. If they did this, they're idiots and should spend a few years in jail learning what it's like to be smaller and weaker than the horny male locked in a room with you. It's inexcusable for a man to force himself on a woman. If the guy is that horny he should go hit up a bar and find a bar chick to take home. Sex is readily available if you want it. Hell, I'm an overweight average-looking guy and if I really want to get laid, I can get laid. There's no excuse for a freaking rock band to force themself on anyone, ever.

• Members

I think the point is she says she was "forced".

I think the real point is this:

she's 17 years old...

therefore legally a minor...

therefore unable to give consent for sexual activity...

therefore this is sexual assault/rape.

All the other stuff you guys are talking about is basically irrelevant. He's an adult. She's a minor. Whether she "agrees" to have sex with him is irrelevant. She can be begging him to bang her. Doesn't matter. It's rape. Period.

• Members

All the other stuff you guys are talking about is basically irrelevant. He's an adult. She's a minor. Whether she "agrees" to have sex with him is irrelevant. She can be begging him to bang her. Doesn't matter. It's rape. Period.

Here's a troubling question: is it statutory rape if she lies about her age? What if she presents him a fake ID?

Aw hell, what am I thinking? Teenage girls NEVER lie about being 18.:D

C7

• Members

I think the real point is this:

• she's 17 years old...

• therefore legally a minor...

• therefore unable to give consent for sexual activity...

• therefore this is sexual assault/rape.

too bad they weren't in Texas...

..where the legal age is 17 :cop:

• Members

I'm pretty sure it's 16 here. I'd feel pretty weird about that, though.
:eek:
Seeing as I'm 30 and all, I'd actually be pretty weirded out if the girl was younger than about 24 or so...

Not me. The fact that she's only 17 would make it that much better.

• Members

That's a great plan until you find yourself trapped on a bus full of men with a bloody cock dangling out of your mouth.

C7

C7 only covers one of many ways you can force someone to do it, but it doesn't even need to be that rational...

**I have no idea what went on with this girl, and I'm only speaking to the general statement**

Fear of subsequent violence, fear of more significant violation, either is plenty (as are several other factors)...

Rape targets are rarely logical. They're adrenalized and, unless they've been conditioned to think in that state, stricken with flight or fight (and with women, the former is the cultural conditioning). When unable to flee, prey will freeze, and that's something that rapists rely on.

There's all manner of psychological and physiological responses involved, many of which are different for women than men (or rather, the cultural conditioning is different for most women than for most men). In the last couple of months I've heard {censored} regarding violence against women that has made me want to vomit, stuff I'd never considered previously.

Here's an interesting test that was a bit of a shocker for me: Ask yourself "when was the last time I was afraid of being attacked/afraid for my safety?"...Then ask your wife, your mom, sisters, female friends.

For many guys, the answer is measured in years. I asked quite a few female friends, I think the longest answer I got was less than two weeks...

• Members

Here's an interesting test that was a bit of a shocker for me: Ask yourself
"when was the last time I was afraid of being attacked/afraid for my safety?"
...Then ask your wife, your mom, sisters, female friends.

For many guys, the answer is measured in years. I asked quite a few female friends, I think the longest answer I got was less than two weeks...

You get two weeks because you ask every woman you know that same question every two weeks you creepy {censored}er.

• Members

Heard on the radio this morning that charges were dismissed by judge after band proved girl tricked them into believing she was older and a video tape from the bus showed she was not forced to do anything. :cop:

Alameda DA drops charges against band member

The Associated Press

Posted: 02/10/2009 07:50:53 PM PST

OAKLAND, Calif.

Archived