BASS LINE CHALLENGE ? BS&T, "You've Made Me So Very Happy"

pickinatit

• Members

I can't post a link to the song here at work, but on my way in this morning I heard Blood, Sweat & Tears' "You've Made Me So Very Happy". I hadn't listened to that song for quite some time and had forgotten what great, great basslines run through that song.

Give it a listen. I think most players would find it a challenge to get that one down. (at least I'm sure I would).

I played in a nine piece band with a 4 piece brass section back in the day that played that song, but I was playing guitar in that band so I guess I never really appreciated what our bass player was pulling off. I was too enthralled with the horns at the time (I wrote the brass arrangements).

• Members

It's the morning on a weekend...
:p

You mean we just don't post on threads that interest us! CRAP!

:p

Okay uh.. on topic, I really don't care for that song at all. It was from a era of hippies and tambourines. Regardless of it's difficulty, I find it not worth playing.

• Members

I tend to be able to appreciate a great bass line when I hear it even if I don't particularly like the song or the era/genre it comes from. But that's just me.

But I can see where I wouldn't neccessarily think it worth while to take the time & effort to learn to play them.

Archived