Anyone know a good Mix Engineer?

Phantasm

• Members

I've been looking around... need someone who's good with mixing projects and can work with clients online. The genre is hard rock with keys, so it would need to be someone who's good at making that sound right.

I would provide the project engineered and produced, and I'm looking for someone to take that and mix it into pre-mastered goodness.

Anyone got any experience having your songs mixed online?

• Members

I've been looking around... need someone who's good with mixing projects and can work with clients online. The genre is hard rock with keys, so it would need to be someone who's good at making that sound right.

I would provide the project engineered and produced, and I'm looking for someone to take that and mix it into pre-mastered goodness.

Anyone got any experience having your songs mixed online?

A coworker is partners in a pretty well known (locally) studio. He's a co-owner, but the engineer guy that he owns it with is top notch. Does live sound gigs for huge ass TV shows on the side too. Really good ears. I can put you two in touch if you like.

• Members

A coworker is partners in a pretty well known (locally) studio. He's a co-owner, but the engineer guy that he owns it with is top notch. Does live sound gigs for huge ass TV shows on the side too. Really good ears. I can put you two in touch if you like.

Do you know if he has a list of credits online with songs he's mixed?

• Members

Are you talking about sending someone the individual tracks, and having them mix it down and send back the finished product?

I can do that. PM me if you want to chat about it.

• Members

This is what I got so far when looking for his name:

HAMILTON, PETER,

BIO:

A former Harris Institute graduate, Peter has gone on to gain extensive live and studio recording experience within the broadcast and music industries. After establishing The Wreckord Factory recording studio in 1992, the facility has grown to include a variety of in-studio and remote recording and mix services for both national and international clients. Music broadcast clients include MuchMusic, CTV, CMT, Global Television, CBC, and YTV. Having worked with over 1000 artists from a variety of musical genres, his album and mix credits include Steve Earle, Blue Rodeo, Vince Gill, John Paul Jones, Deep Purple, The Black Crowes, Sepultura, Neil Finn, Emmylou Harris and The Tragically Hip.

How many people do you know that can boast artists as diverse as JPJ, Deep Purple, vince GIll and Sepultura? :lol:

The Wreckford Factory studio mentioned in that is in my coworkers basement. I've been in it a number of times. Nice sounding rooms.

• Members

This is what I got so far when looking for his name:

HAMILTON, PETER,

BIO:

A former Harris Institute graduate, Peter has gone on to gain extensive live and studio recording experience within the broadcast and music industries. After establishing The Wreckord Factory recording studio in 1992, the facility has grown to include a variety of in-studio and remote recording and mix services for both national and international clients. Music broadcast clients include MuchMusic, CTV, CMT, Global Television, CBC, and YTV. Having worked with over 1000 artists from a variety of musical genres, his album and mix credits include Steve Earle, Blue Rodeo, Vince Gill, John Paul Jones, Deep Purple, The Black Crowes, Sepultura, Neil Finn, Emmylou Harris and The Tragically Hip.

How many people do you know that can boast artists as diverse as JPJ, Deep Purple, vince GIll and Sepultura?
:lol:

The Wreckford Factory studio mentioned in that is in my coworkers basement. I've been in it a number of times. Nice sounding rooms.

That is a pretty diverse resume! It's hard to find someone to mix hard rock music these days, honestly. Most of the ME's I've been reading about that have web sites it's all Hip Hop / R&B / Rap for the most part.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

You might want to talk to Rae Nimeh of United Technique recording. He does everything including major label mixing rap, rock, r&b, industrial . I assist for him at times on bigger projects. Old webiste for him is Unitedtechnique.com , hes moved and is working on a newer site , you can contact him at rae@unitedtechnique.com hope everything works out for you.

Archived