Back to Back Ampless IEM Gigs

burdizzos

• Members
I tend to agree; however, I think the objection was to the Behringer and not amp modelers in general.

:facepalm: OH hell, it must be a piece of {censored} because it says behringer on it BS again... {censored}!:mad:

ya but he did not object to using a POD which IMO the V-Amp Pro is a better system.
I own both and back to back the V-Amp pro is the better system period.

I am talking about the rack mount pre amp not the hand held job.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:facepalm:
OH hell, it must be a piece of {censored} because it says behringer on it BS again... {censored}!
:mad:

ya but he did not object to using a POD which IMO the V-Amp Pro is a better system.

I own both and back to back the V-Amp pro is the better system period.

I am talking about the rack mount pre amp not the hand held job.

That is the one that I own. I know the thing inside and out, and I know for sure that the one thing it simply isn't good at is actually sounding like a decent guitar amp. I might choose it over the first gen POD. Possibly even the POD 2.0. But since then Line6 has continued to develop their models and make them better (the XT series are pretty good, the x3 series are really good), while the V-Amp still sounds the same.

• Members

That is the one that I own. I know the thing inside and out, and I know for sure that the one thing it simply isn't good at is actually sounding like a decent guitar amp. I might choose it over the first gen POD. Possibly even the POD 2.0. But since then Line6 has continued to develop their models and make them better (the XT series are pretty good, the x3 series are really good), while the V-Amp still sounds the same.

Dude

use whatever preamp you want to use as long as you DI into the breakoput box is my point all together Period. I am not going to argue about apples and oranges with you.

• Members

Dude

use whatever preamp you want to use as long as you DI into the breakoput box is my point all together Period. I am not going to argue about apples and oranges with you.

And my point is that "whatever preamp" might put you in a place where you are better off not using IEMs. Being able to get a good sound from the preamp is absolutely vital in an ampless system.

• Members

I've weighed in on the IEM-only setup before, even for a "rock bar band" so FWIW on that...

My current cover act goes side-firing at low volumes, pumps the PA and uses open-air monitors, so I'm interested to see how that works out. I'm trying to convince them to let me use my rig as front-firing back by the drums, so I can actually hear it and not try to squeeze my whole Mesa/Berg rig out of a Yamaha 112 monitor... They should be ok with it. They have some sweet rigs, but said on stage it's very controlled and they don't even have to use earplugs most of the time and it doesn't sound overly loud, which is great news. :)

• Moderators
You know how an outgoing President will pardon people before he leaves office.

Let's just say I'm going to go the other way with it.
:wave:

:D

There are always people with accessibility to DoJ to help the President decide who he should consider pardoning. The list of potential pardons and the reasons for it are also reported in the press prior to the President's last day. Unless you or someone in your administration plans on providing a list of these folks and gives them time to play suck up or screw up more, that's a false analogy.:lol:

• Members

is it better to just provide ONE output to the sound guy and tell him don't worry about it? Or would we hurt his weddle feewings?

One input to the FOH?!? I wouldn't. Why would you need an FOH engineer if you did that anyway?

The seven of us plug in to our IEM monitor mixer on stage. We have a splitter snake wired into it. We hand the house engineer our fan snake with an input list and we're off to the races.

Archived