I need to go on a diet! (YT)

Funkee1

• Members

Here's a video of Beyond Category shot by a person, instead of a stationary camera. This is at a rehearsal studio, which is why you can hear me for a change of pace. After this clip was done, the cameraman said "You can stay in frame if you sit down!"

Now he tells me. Listen for the clam around 1:20...:facepalm:

[YOUTUBE]Q8mP30KKwPE[/YOUTUBE]

Coolin out!

• Members

I'm going to call myself Chunkee. Inspired by your name and groove (call that fat?)

I liked the music and the singer, but was - I hope this isn't rude - less than impressed with your rapper. Then again, I don't like rap. I can see he was trying to make it interesting, but ...

I'll stop there.

• Members

I'm going to call myself Chunkee. Inspired by your name and groove (call
that
fat?)

I liked the music and the singer, but was - I hope this isn't rude - less than impressed with your rapper. Then again, I don't like rap. I can see he was trying to make it interesting, but ...

I'll stop there.

+1. I could listen to her sing all night. Him, notsomuch.

• Members
Funkee... you are a b-a-d man!
:thu:

I really dig the groove and the arrangement. The trading-up with vocalists is cool as Hell too.

... and all this time I thought
Funkee
was just a clever moniker :poke:

Well....... I used to have this habit of not showering often, so.......

• Members

Thanks everyone for the comments! Thing about this band is, out of all the bands I play with, or have ever played with, this one has the most potential, and yet, has the least exposure. We are trying to change that though.

I feel like we're on to something with this. I know we aren't groundbreaking..... Bands from the Brand New Heavies up to the Black Eyed Peas have mined this same vein successfully..... But I think it's got a good beat, and you can dance to it!

The two guitar players are both really good. Turtle, the skinny one, can rip blistering leads, but he's also got a little Nile Rodgers in his stuff. He also plays keys, but we're looking for a real keyboardist who can double (DRF....when you movin out here, man?)

Mario (the fat one) plays good guitar. He's got a Carlos Santana vibe, but he can also do the jazzy stuff (although he ain't no George Benson). And I can't say enough good things about Karl or Kamron.

Mic is a decent rapper, and sings ok, but his real talent is that he is a giften lyricist!

Hell.... I don't even know what I do! (J/k......you can't build a tower without a strong foundation, and someone has to add the Fred Flinstone-esque vocals!)

Archived