Hack attempt: we know and we have top men working on it.

zachoff

• Members

Hello everybody person. I am the goofball jones and am saying hi to all friends!!!!1

listen all friend i talk to admin and dey say that nothing to worry. everyting is fine and you not hacked. they will contax you and ask for passwerds. you trust!

goodbye everyboy!!!

your good friend goofball the jones!!1!

oh hai to the captain of the boat fail: bouncy bouncy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First attempt: 85.214.73.63

Second attempt: 91.121.181.91

Third attempt: 85.214.73.63

Good to know that HC doesn't really "lock you out" of the account, though. Heh.

EDIT: Anyone using a dictionary word password might want to consider changing it, though. I know I'm safe with mine, since it looks like my cat chose it for me to the untrained eye. But for those who are using "passw0rd" or something stupid...

• Members

Many (probably most) use the same username and password on all forums. Get someone's password from one, Google search their username, and now you've got a full list of forums to spam on. In the right hands, it could be horribly effective -- if a company were to do this and continue posting looking like a legitimate poster, they could sneak in a few ad-type posts under the radar.

• Members

"Dear fretless,

Your account on Harmony Central Musician Community Forums has been locked because someone has tried to log into the account with the wrong password more than 5 times. You will be able to attempt to log in again in another 15 minutes."

Haha , let me give you a hint it starts with F and ends with U :wave: azzlicka !

Archived