Ways around "Signature Required" for UPS

BoundandBlocked

• Members

I have a delivery I am expecting on Thursday. When I got the tracking number I saw that a signature was required for delivery, but I will be at work when it will probably be delivered. If I had known, I would've had it delivered to me at work or requested a no signature delivery. Does anybody know a way around this? Can I pick up the package from the distribution center?

Thanks!

• Members

I have a delivery I am expecting on Thursday. When I got the tracking number I saw that a signature was required for delivery, but I will be at work when it will probably be delivered. If I had known, I would've had it delivered to me at work or requested a no signature delivery. Does anybody know a way around this? Can I pick up the package from the distribution center?

Thanks!

You can pick it up at a distribution center, but probably not before Friday. On Thursday, when they attempt to deliver, they will leave a note on your door saying they made their first deliver attempt. It will have a number on it (different than the tracking number) and there is also a toll free number on there. You call the toll free number, give them the other number and ask them to hold it at the distribution center where you can then go pick it up.

• Members

Thanks!

IME with UPS, they'll leave a note if there's a signature required. It has a phone number and/or a URL you can visit to tell UPS what you want done with the package. As I recall, you can have them hold it at a distribution center, re-schedule for another day and time, or have them deliver it to another address.I've done both the pickup at the center and the re-routing. Now I just have stuff sent to work since I'm not going to waste my gasoline to pick something up from a delivery company.

• Members

I get something, usually a bass, from UPS almost weekly it seems.

I always leave a note with my signature, on the door stating it is ok to leave the package, asking them to place it in the garage. Never had a problem.

Yep, I do the same. I have a print out with the tracking # on it with my signature. Never had a problem altho the new UPS guy usually doesn't deliver in our neighborhood until 7pm at night anyways, so I'm usually home.

• Members

We have a screened in porch and my mom just put a card on the inside of the door screen saying "Fed ex/UPS plz leave any packages on the doorstep inside the porch if there is no answer at the door." and they leave em there. So maybe try that if you have a secure type porch area.

• Members

I get something, usually a bass, from UPS almost weekly it seems.

I always leave a note with my signature, on the door stating it is ok to leave the package, asking them to place it in the garage. Never had a problem.

Same here. I have the shipper write "Please leave under carport" on the outside, and they have always done that without a signature.

Archived