What's the worste or most painful injury you've had

baracuda2004

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Electricity is nasty stuff. It shouldn't be messed around with if you don't know what you're doing, and honestly, most people don't know what they're doing.

Electricity is blue. And it hurts. :)

My worst pain was the second time my lumbar disc ruptured. Someone here on the first page mentioned he had to crawl to the bathroom after he hurt his back. Well, I didn't crawl ANYWHERE. I just stayed put and laid very, very still in my bed for a whole day, until my bladder urged me to do something. Luckily I had my cell phone on my night table, so I phoned an aunt, who is a doctor. She told me to call an ambulance and so I did.

The morphine the paramedics gave me finally allowed me to go to the bathroom. Five minutes after the injection I just simply got up and walked to the can (that {censored} they gave me is amazing!). Then I laid down on their stretcher and off we went to the hospital. There I had my second surgery and here I now am, two years later and still standing. Although I have permanent isciatic nerve damage to my left leg and the occasional back/neck pains, but I'm still standing.

• Members

Volts@ heart don't kill. 1 Ampere will. (electronics rhyme)

And yeah, I am kind of accident prone. I punch myself in the face while doing mundane tasks. My mom asked me to get some flour out of the pantry a few months ago, and somehow, while reaching for it, I decked myself twice. Once under the chin, once in the eye. :p

• Members

And yeah, I am kind of accident prone. I punch myself in the face while doing mundane tasks. My mom asked me to get some flour out of the pantry a few months ago, and somehow, while reaching for it, I decked myself twice. Once under the chin, once in the eye.
:p

:facepalm: i do the same :lol: gave myself a black eye a few times, ive had a nasty bruise on my jaw from my hand slipping off something and clocking myself :lol

• Members

Actually milliamperes will kill. Residual-current devices that are obligatory in domestic use over here nowadays will trip the circuit at up to 30mA of leakage. This should be enough to save a person's life, as currents over 50mA are considered potentially lethal if passed through the heart.

Current passed through the heart can save lives too. A patient with heart fribrillation may be revived using a defibrillator. Many more patients could be saved if the defibrillators used the right sort of cables. It's all in the pF, you see.

But the most lethal of all things are still Lug mp3s. How do you measure the suckage of one of those and what devices can be used to shield yourself from it? Some sort of analyzer in the mp3 player that shuts off the audio output within picoseconds of it recognizing any such mp3?

:facepalm:

• Members

That's why putting your finger across the terminals of a 9V battery won't hurt you (although it'll give you a tingle if you use your tongue instead)...

Incorrect, but nice try.

Touching a 9V battery on your hand won't shock you, but not for the reasons you laid out. In fact, I already brought this up recently and said why you don't get shocked.

Human skin can absorb (block) up to around 20-30V of electricity. Until you start getting in to too high of a current at least.

You simply can't feel it, but it is there. The tongue is a different matter, and the moistness helps conductivity further, hence getting a shock when you lick a battery, but not when you

Archived