What's the worste or most painful injury you've had

baracuda2004

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I got hit in the face with a softball, playing shortstop, line drive off a bat.

Edit: Scratched my cornea, shattered my lower orbital, and deviated my septum so badly I was a virtual mouth breather for a year (until I had the septoplasty, which was the second most painful thing I've ever had happen to me).

• Moderators

Tore my trachea. Tore my rotator cuff. Tore my MCL. Tore three tendons in my ankle. All of those sucked.

Broke my collarbone. Broke my thumb. Broke metatarsals in my foot. Those weren't fun.

Bit through my lip. Scratched my cornea. Broke two teeth. Could be worse.

The most painful was broken ribs. The break wasn't all that painful, certainly no more than the others. However, it was the easiest to aggravate. Breathing hurt. I also was competing in athletics at a pretty high level and wasn't sitting out any games. Getting hit in the broken ribs blows. No amount of pain killers could last an entire game and they had me on some really messed up stuff.

• Members

A left shoulder dislocation, during sport at school twenty years ago.

Not too painfull on the moment, but with LOW school medical efficiency, and time to my dad to come, and take me to the hospital, time for radiography, etc.. i waited two hours with my shoulder head down. The pain came slowly, but after two hours, it started to make me SCREAAM as i couldn't stand it any more.. The medical crew ran at me and directly shooted me in the arm with some drugs which sent me on another planet. When i woke up, my shoulder was came back at his theoretical place... But this story continued during two years with reeducation, then finally surgery cause dislocation came back. Without pain for the following times, but very boring. Since surgery, no problem. I full recover my arm abilities and my shoulder is strong. But i can't forget the pain of this day. (and hope never have new pain would make me forget it :D)

• Members

I'm beat-to-{censored}...

I've had a crushed rib cage (all but two ribs broken, punctured lungs), broken collarbone, broken femur, compound fractures in both shins, broken pelvis, both testicles crushed (prosthetics now), fused vertebrae in my neck and back, broken wrists, hyperextended knees, dislocated shoulders, face kicked in by CO's(jaw broken in three, broken teeth, broken eyesocket, broken skull), stabbed with a sharpened broomhandle, compound fractures in my left hand... God, I'm really built from leftover parts:evil:

I've seen plenty of internal-parts nobody should see...

• Members

In chronological order:

1) In high school I went to a dentist with a tooth ache. Ends up I had a abscessed tooth. Dentist was old school. So he tapped on the tooth a couple of times and pronounced it dead and proceeded to drill through it with no anesthesia. When he hit the still live root, I felt a tremendous flash of pain and passed out. Woke up to smelling salts and a nurse trying to wake me up.

2) About 2 years ago, I totally separated / tore in half my left Achilles tendon playing softball. Hit the ball (left handed) turned to run to first base and fell flat on my face leaving the box. Girl up in the press box said she heard the snap. You could see it coiled up like a broken bungee cord under the skin on the back of my calf. Took surgery and about 10 staples to put it back together.

• Members

Over the years I've had enough nasties, but the worst?

So I had this deal happen. And the surgeons decided the way to get to the problem was to cut three thumb-sized holes into my scrotum. One on each side, one in the middle.

When they were done, they tell me these incisions have to heal "from the inside out". Took more than three months. Twice a day, someone had to remove a wad of gauze from each hole, rinse out the wound, and stuff more gauze in.

The pain was incredible.

• Members

When I was 14 or 15 I was jumping on a friends trampoline and he stole my bounce shooting straight up and knee'd me in the mouth breaking a tooth in half and making me bite a dime sized hole in my tongue. I actually put my pinky through it at the dentist office after he numbed my mouth lol. Hurt like a sumbitch when it happened then I had a horrible head/neck ache for like a 3 weeks after.

Slipped on a tiny patch of ice, fell and twisted my leg in such a way that I fractured my fibula to four pieces and severley dislocated my ankle.

Had to have surgery (with a spinal anaesthetic :thu:) and had a permanent plate for the fibula and what looked like a deck screw to pull the ankle back together. The pain was worst when I first fell, I was alone and laid there for almost an hour because I slid under my truck.

The other was after the surgery and the anaesthesia wore off and I stood up for the first time and the blood rushed to my legs. :cry::eek:

Archived