What's the worste or most painful injury you've had

baracuda2004

• Members

I flew over handlebars headfirst into a brick wall off my bike once... ? Oddly enough, a penicilin shot into my side was ridiculously painful...

I haven't really had a lot of serious injuries in my day, surprisingly. Most of my painful injuries have been slamming my head via football, skating, or ice. Jumping stairs, then flinging backwards slamming my head, etc.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I heard we had a kid a few years back get pulled outta his car window and curb stomped at a local McDonalds by a few guys who were waiting behind the dumpster near the order sign. Apparently they did it cause they got the wrong order and were drunk and pissed.

Society makes me sick some times.

• Members

3yrs ago in Park City UT, was skiing and went to stop, the skis stopped but my body didnt, I broke my tibula & fiblua. That doesnt sound so bad except that I broke them not in a straight fracture, but in a radial fracture.

I still have flashbacks that im in the hospital and the pain is so overwhelming that i would just cry for hours without anyone helping with the pain.

ikestr

• Members

Toss-up.

Broken jaw in a car accident. I still have a titanium plate from that one.

Grenade fragments in my right hip. Hurt like a b*tch at the time, as I had to walk out a couple miles...:freak:

Bits worked themselves out of the muscle for some time after. Long after the fact I was hanging out on the porch one sunny afternoon with my then-GF (current Mrs. Thumper) when I started scratching my hip and produced a wee sliver.

Mrs. T: 'WTF is that?'

Me: 'Shrapnel. I've been meaning to tell you...'

:D

• Members

When I successfully caused two of my three bulging disks to bulge. I got to lay in a field for about 45 minutes screaming, and then I got the pleasure of a 6 mile walk home.

Breaking my hand, wrist, four fingers, three cracked ribs and dislocating my shoulder.

Getting kicked in the throat. (both from my dad)

Having a burning cigarette put out on my scrotum. ({censored}ed up ex)

Getting electrocuted while helping wire some lights. The contractions made me snap up the line and I couldn't let go for what seemed like forever. (some {censored}ass flipped the breaker)

• Members

Bits worked themselves out of the muscle for some time after. Long after the fact I was hanging out on the porch one sunny afternoon with my then-GF (current Mrs. Thumper) when I started scratching my hip and produced a wee sliver.

Mrs. T: 'WTF is
that?'

Me: 'Shrapnel. I've been meaning to tell you...'

:D

:cool:

That's an awesome story. My gf gets scared to hell when I start telling some of my old war stories from my reckless youth. But they weren't real war stories.

• Members

My worst guitar/bass related injury happened about 18 months ago when I was rough-housing with my 12-year-old daughter who had just earned her green belt in karate. I did a slow-mo Bruce Lee move and she responded with full power kick that accidentally hit square against the tips of the 2 middle fingers on my fretting hand, violently jamming both fingers straight back.

I thought I'd broke both fingers; they swelled up and turned purple. I was rolling around on the floor for 5 minutes. Turns out it was *just* a deep, deep bone and ligament bruise. 18 months later I still deal with daily pain from this injury. Guess I'm a slow healer.

• Members

{censored}in' damn well better be an "ex".

I went to punch her, and I realized that that would've been rude.

Haha.

Sadly, we were together for about 8 more months after that.

She was like "Whoops." but you could see... she was like batwinging the bitch and holding the cigarette with a whiteknuckled fist. Crazy.

• Members

Tie.

1. Had gallstones that bothered me a few times over the course of a month. Did nothing about it. The attacks subsided after an hour or so, and weren't too painful. Then one night it went crazy. The pain was intense. I was on my hands and knees on the floor in pain. 7 hours of this and I decided to go to the emergency room. Got some super heavy-duty I.V. pain-killers. That was fun. Gall bladder came out that week.

2. Mile 13 of a marathon my left knee feels like it's on fire. As you can see from the previous instance, I'm an idiot. I finished the marathon and by the end it felt like somebody was poking a red-hot poker into my knee while simultaneously sitting on my knee with an elephant. Afterwards we went to the bar. When I tried to move my leg after sitting for an hour or so it said "no". Even resting my foot on the floor was extremely painful. Surgery followed soon after.

My orthopedist gave me some great advice. If you hurt it's your body's way of telling you something. Have it checked out and stop doing what makes it hurt. Duh.

• Members

Depression. Anxiety.

As for physical pain, I was in a car accident that tore a muscle in my shoulder, gave me severe whiplash, and just generally screwed up my back and neck. It was pretty tough for a while afterwards, but I healed fairly quickly.

• Members

Getting electrocuted while helping wire some lights. The contractions made me snap up the line and I couldn't let go for what seemed like forever. (some {censored}ass flipped the breaker)

I worked for an electrician, I'm used to being hit now, it doesn't even faze me, but I know what it feels like to join the circuit for a few seconds. Not fun. I've been hit with 245 volts twice now, that {censored} kills.

First time was when I was a dishwasher and stuck a wet rag into an industrial socket by accident. Oops. I had heart palpitations and an irregular beat for over an hour and felt warm on the inside, like I was cooking from the inside out. :eek:

Second time was when an electrician pulled a Friday afternoon bonehead and accidentally mis-wired our jam space and I took 245V from a 2" blue arc that jumped at my lip from my microphone, splitting my mouth and tongue wide open. Lots of blood ensues.

I was mic shy for a few years after that, I couldn't get near them.

• Members

As for physical pain, I was in a car accident that tore a muscle in my shoulder, gave me severe whiplash, and just generally screwed up my back and neck. It was pretty tough for a while afterwards, but I healed fairly quickly.

Man, you aren't kidding.

I got t-boned while at a standstill by someone doing about 45... Hit me directly in the driver door, it crumpled in onto my leg/side. I could barely move my neck or lift anything for weeks. The pain was so intense and I was so upset over my {censored}ed car situation that I, knowing it was a bad idea, decided to drink some while taking pain medication. ANYTHING to stop the pain. All it did was turn me into a mess without a DROP of pain relief. Miserable.

• Members

Second time was when an electrician pulled a Friday afternoon bonehead and accidentally mis-wired our jam space and I took 245V from a 2" blue arc that jumped at my lip from my microphone, splitting my mouth and tongue wide open. Lots of blood ensues.

Damn yo, I can't blame you. I don't think I'd ever get near one again.

It's always rough getting back on the horse after something like that.

• Members

Damn yo, I can't blame you. I don't think I'd ever get near one again.

It's always rough getting back on the horse after something like that.

I really did have to overcome the fear. Every time I got near a new mic, every stage, jam space or whatever, I'd grab the ball of it and bring my forearm near the strings so the electricity would raise the hairs. It's more sensitive and therefore accurate this way than trying to detect it through your fingers. Odds are I'll always do that. Once bitten.

Same as my boycott on SWR amps, never again.

• Members

Rofl when i was on the lighting crew in high school, there were these decorative lights on the underside of the balcony in the auditorium. Maitenance was a bunch of lazy bastards and they never replaced any of the bulbs. They also refused to let us use a ladder long enough that we could lower the stained glass covers and replace the bulbs from below. So I'd end up crawling inside the balcony and trying to replace the bulbs through the 6" access hatch which was only meant for lowereing the glass. The bulbs were on 4 different circuits so I'd have to figure out which bulbs were linked together so we could get the colort scheme right....Long story short, I ended up sticking my fingers into a LOT of live light sockets during that project.

As far ac actual injuries, well once i got hit hard enough my appendix got irritated. So I had the surgery. The day I got out of the hospital, my parents had tickets to go see the circus. I went along and everything was fine....until they shot some guy out of the cannon. I literally jumped 4-5" inches out of my seat when the cannon went off and landed hard.

Other than that, I once smashed my leg so hard, right under my knee that from the swelling and bruising I was sure it was broken. Luckily it wasn't but I got told to just walk it off as we were camping at the time. When i finally got it checked out years later, they told me i had just damaged the ligaments. it still flares up from time to time.

• Members

I worked for an electrician, I'm used to being hit now, it doesn't even faze me, but I know what it feels like to join the circuit for a few seconds. Not fun. I've been hit with 245 volts twice now, that {censored} kills.

First time was when I was a dishwasher and stuck a wet rag into an industrial socket by accident. Oops. I had heart palpitations and an irregular beat for over an hour and felt warm on the inside, like I was cooking from the inside out.
:eek:

I was about 15 feet up on a rafter, and if it hadn't been for me seizing up, I would've fallen. I had a really irregular heartbeat for about six months. My palms burst a little, but moreso I was charred. It was {censored}ed up. Over the course of several showers, it was like the top layer of nasty flaked off. Dunno if it's related, but ever since, my normal resting temp is about 96.8F and my heartbeat is usually about 90. {censored}ed up. The guy that flipped the breaker lost his job. I quit after that.

About the only handiwork I wont do. Hahaha. "Hey, think you can wire up our--" "{censored} no!"

• Members

Dunno if it's related, but ever since, my normal resting temp is about 96.8F and my heartbeat is usually about 90. {censored}ed up. The guy that flipped the breaker lost his job. I quit after that.

About the only handiwork I wont do. Hahaha. "Hey, think you can wire up our--" "{censored} no!"

I have no idea what my resting temp is, but I am a freaking oven to the touch on the outside. gf's love me because I am their own personal heater in bed. I never considered it to be related, but even I notice how unnaturally warm I always feel.

I tend to volunteer for electrical odd jobs because I don't fear it any more. Between the 245 in the mouth and the time I put a telephone cable in my mouth and set it off for a dare (never do this, trust me) I've long come to respect, fear and ultimately understand electricity and how to work with it.

I want to get back in school and actually become an electrician now, having sampled it as a job and knowing that it's a good income from here on in.

• Members

I have no idea what my resting temp is, but I am a freaking oven to the touch on the outside. gf's love me because I am their own personal heater in bed. I never considered it to be related, but even I notice how unnaturally warm I always feel.

I tend to volunteer for electrical odd jobs because I don't fear it any more. Between the 245 in the mouth
and the time I put a telephone cable in my mouth and set it off for a dare
(never do this, trust me) I've long come to respect, fear and ultimately understand electricity and how to work with it.

I want to get back in school and actually become an electrician now, having sampled it as a job and knowing that it's a good income from here on in.

Ya know I was about to call you a {censored}ing idiot, but then I remembered the time I got dared to step on a rusty nail so I flipped the board over and stomped it. All the way through the foot.

• Members

I tend to volunteer for electrical odd jobs because I don't fear it any more. Between the 245 in the mouth and the time I put a telephone cable in my mouth and set it off for a dare (never do this, trust me) I've long come to respect, fear and ultimately understand electricity and how to work with it.

Yeah. I'm like that as well, but internal temp is "bad" low. Dunno. It's {censored}ing weird.

Electricity is a wild {censored}ing animal. We've barely got it reined in. After that, I never did anything else. The closest I got to electricity after that {censored} was doing small circuits and some nine volt batteries. Maybe jumping a car a couple of times. Never will touch raw wire again, though. Least ways, not if it's connected to some {censored} that I can't see or control.

I wanted to be an electrician for a while, myself, but that accident put an end to that {censored}. It doesn't bother me, so much as my body is repelled. Kinda like when you have that one bad experience with some sort of alcohol and you never can bring yourself to put it down or keep it down after that day. My old electronics teacher, whom I was on the job with(during the summer, outside of school, etc helping with simple work and getting a little bit of money), said I wasn't the first person that was "turned off" by an experience like that. He was just amazed that I kept taking his class. Hahahaha.

• Members

OH YEAH!>?!?!!

On time I stuck both of my penii into a blender.

Yeah, both of them.

Actually no, one went into a blender, the other went into an electrical socket. Yeah.

/wins

I have been clicking the {censored} outta your avatar, but Jesus ain't making with the happy. :mad:

Archived