May the good Lord damn my company to hell.

Bryan316

• Members

God.... hear my prayer... and damn the {censored} out of the people how make decisions around here.

I cannot express how infuriated I am.

From the moment they said, "Let's build the whole system on a single stand, to make it easy for shipping," I was cringing.

Now we're {censored}ed. {censored}ED, I say. PROPER {censored}ED.

We've got a mechanical vibratory feeder on the same frame as a high-resolution scale hopper, and this hopper is VISUALLY bouncing like fender panels on a hoopty crossing the railroad tracks. They self-sabotaged this system. Idiots. Oh let's make one big frame, easier to ship. Yeah. This system gets shipped ONCE, and sits in a factory for YEARS. Let's compromise the design just for shipping! Let's put incredibly severe vibrations through a machine that has load cells measuring 1/100's of an inch! Standing 20 feet away, I can SEE the load cells shaking like an engine bay of a muscle car!

UNACCEPTABLE!!!

This is really pushing me. {censored} Michigan's god damned economy, even if I wanted to bail on this place, I'll never find another job in this state.

Time to make Rock n Roll a career choice.

{censored}

• Members

OP - My former employer used to use differential transformers, on large multi hopper scales, with air solenoid actuated doors, and usually a vibratory cone in the middle of the scale to make sure product would move out to the buckets.

I don't recall the jitter from induced vibration mattering very much and these were not on the same stand, they were on the same structure.

Albeit, the structure was very heavy (1/2" aluminum plate") but this always worked for them. They were switching to load cells when I left, but the DT seemed to have some benefits (that old school tech can do it sometimes!).

sorry you are bent.

cheers

C.

• Members

I'm sorry to hear that man. It's gotta be tough when you see your own company (and the source of your paycheck) jump the shark right before your eyes.

I have a coworker from Michigan. When I asked her about the ailing economy there, she just said "that's Michigan for you." It seems that state has sucked for awhile, and the state government doesn't have a clue. Jennifer Granholm has to be one of the worst Governors in the country.

Archived