sorry

collinwho

• Members

**asking off for

i love how you scolded me for basically leaving out words, but you're dropping letters yourself.
:thu:

Sheesh, wasn't scolding.

Man, you guys are touchy.

Was a failed attempt at humor, as was "What a way to make a living"

9 to 5, was a movie and a song by Dolly Parton. :lol:

• Members

Sheesh, wasn't scolding.

Man, you guys are touchy.

Was a failed attempt at humor, as was "What a way to make a living"

9 to 5, was a movie and a song by Dolly Parton.
:lol:

Oh I'm not upset, i'm just having fun with you. i don't think humor of any level flies at this ungodly hour of the morning. Sorry if I came of as snappy, i thought you were correcting my typos, while making one yourself, and that was funny. Like those people who smoke cigarettes and say it's a terrible habit!

• Members

Oh I'm not upset, i'm just having fun with you. i don't think humor of any level flies at this ungodly hour of the morning. Sorry if I came of as snappy, i thought you were correcting my typos, while making one yourself, and that was funny. Like those people who smoke cigarettes and say it's a terrible habit!

:thu:

LOL, no actually, I thought is was some super secret squirrel HCBF syntax that I haven't learned yet. I'm still waiting on my secret decoder ring Lug said he was sending :p

• Members

Break up?

No. I've been really really busy lately, and that always gets me a little down, because I like having time to myself. So I was a little predisposed to being upset anyways.

I don't want to go into too many details, but what put me over the edge was yesterday morning. I essentially spilled my heart to a girl that I'm really good friends with (and I did it in a really cheesy way that I immediately regretted), anyways, she didn't say Yes, but she also didn't say No. The answer was more along the lines of "I really love you and you're a great guy, but I just can't right now, give me some time". I now that this isn't true for everyone, but for me, I really struggle with not knowing, so to finally work up the courage after a long time and then find out that I'm really in almost the exact same position still, that is really really tough for me. If I didn't believe her answer was genuine, it would be a bit easier, because I would just say screw it and take it as a no, but everything about the way she delivered it told me that she meant what she said.

• Members

You know you're drunk when you start apology posting on a forum for no apparent reason except for slurring your typing...
:facepalm:

It was a pre-apology, because I think I have about a week of slurred posting in me...

Also, I'd like to note, It is now 10:50 and still no hangover. I am a trooper.

• Members

The answer was more along the lines of "I really love you and you're a great guy, but I just can't right now, give me some time".

Oh man, was it the "I'd rather date total jerks instead of a friend because I'm in college and can't figure out what I really want so I'll just let myself get abused until it gets smashed into my brain what an actual winner you are but by the time I figure it out you'll have finally moved on" routine? I hate it when chicks are dumb like that about guys.

I now that this isn't true for everyone, but for me, I really struggle with not knowing, so to finally work up the courage after a long time and then find out that I'm really in almost the exact same position still, that is really really tough for me.

I think pretty much everyone hates that. I don't get her deal, man. I've seen pics of you, you're totally hot. She's nuts to not jump in with both feet. She likes you, you're hot, what's the hold up?

• Members

No. I've been really really busy lately, and that always gets me a little down, because I like having time to myself. So I was a little predisposed to being upset anyways.

I don't want to go into too many details, but what put me over the edge was yesterday morning. I essentially spilled my heart to a girl that I'm really good friends with (and I did it in a really cheesy way that I immediately regretted), anyways, she didn't say Yes, but she also didn't say No. The answer was more along the lines of "I really love you and you're a great guy, but I just can't right now, give me some time". I now that this isn't true for everyone, but for me, I really struggle with not knowing, so to finally work up the courage after a long time and then find out that I'm really in almost the exact same position still, that is really really tough for me. If I didn't believe her answer was genuine, it would be a bit easier, because I would just say screw it and take it as a no, but everything about the way she delivered it told me that she meant what she said.

Are you talking marriage proposals? If so, her response is a red flag, dude. I don't know you or her, but it seems pretty typical that if one person isn't willing to commit now, they never will be. And even if they do later, it's not right... kinda like "I wasn't good enough for you before, before, but now I am??"

I will say (and my wife will attest) that I am wrong 98% of the time. So this may be one of those times. But I've been married for almost 10 years, and I've seen kids (no offense... you are young to me) do this before... myself included :facepalm:

Best bet, get her drunk and make her spill her guts. :evil:

• Members

Oh man, was it the "I'd rather date total jerks instead of a friend because I'm in college and can't figure out what I really want so I'll just let myself get abused until it gets smashed into my brain what an actual winner you are but by the time I figure it out you'll have finally moved on" routine? I hate it when chicks are dumb like that about guys.

Oh, if it was that, I absolutely would have just dropped it, a long time ago. I'm 25, shes 24, both out of college and done with college kids.

According to her, shes concerned because she says she is really bad at relationships and we work together and have a bunch of mutual friends at work. She is afraid that she will eventually hurt me and that it will then spill over to including all the people that we both know that shouldn't have to be involved.

I think pretty much everyone hates that. I don't get her deal, man. I've seen pics of you, you're totally hot. She's nuts to not jump in with both feet. She likes you, you're hot, what's the hold up?

I'm blushing. That makes me happy.

• Members

Are you talking marriage proposals? If so, her response is a red flag, dude. I don't know you or her, but it seems pretty typical that if one person isn't willing to commit now, they never will be. And even if they do later, it's not right... kinda like "I wasn't good enough for you before, before, but now I am??"

I will say (and my wife will attest) that I am wrong 98% of the time. So this may be one of those times. But I've been married for almost 10 years, and I've seen kids (no offense... you are young to me) do this before... myself included
:facepalm:

Best bet, get her drunk and make her spill her guts.
:evil:

No, we aren't talking that serious. We are just good friends and I told her I want to take it to the next level. I'm no where near ready to get married, and I wouldn't ever consider proposing to someone that I haven't been with for a long time. If I even get married, that is, I'm the type of person who doesn't think marriage is all that necessary.

• Members

No, we aren't talking that serious. We are just good friends and I told her I want to take it to the next level. I'm no where near ready to get married, and I wouldn't ever consider proposing to someone that I haven't been with for a long time. If I even get married, that is, I'm the type of person who doesn't think marriage is all that necessary.

Well then... my 98% record stands.

So, plan B then... get her drunk and let her tell you what's really going on. :D

• Members

Okay, I can kind of see that. In these economic times having a good job where you're happy is key. Women are really good at holding off desires in order to pay the bills. It's a survival thing. Let her stew on it for a bit, I'm sure she'll come around.

Archived