Arnold's Greatest Flick Evar

RSBro

• Moderators
Yea, I've seen a couple Tom Arnold movies and wouldn't mind seeing more. I like the character he portrays.
:D

Yeah. He was great in 9 months, too. The seen at the toy store with him, Hugh Grant and Arney the Dinosaur is about the funniest thing I've ever seen in a movie. :lol:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The original Terminator was one of those movies that just changed
everything
about what action movies should be. It was one of the most amazing movies at the time, and is still an incredible movie.

I have to agree but it is interesting to think that the first Terminator was intended as more of a horror flick than anything else. Good movie.

• Members
I have to agree but it is interesting to think that the first Terminator was intended as more of a horror flick than anything else. Good movie.

I watched it as a kid when it first came out and it scared the crap out of me. Mission accomplished.

• Members

Too lazy to read the whole thread, but is there no love for "Twins"?? Great movie.

Danny DeVito at his best, Arnold is funny, Kelly Preston is hot, and it takes place in Santa Fe, NM!!! What's not to like?

Wow.

Your "13 year old white girl" tastes also goes beyond music.

:D

• Members

Can't believe no one has mentioned "Pumping Iron". This by far is his "best" movie...mainly because he was being himself.

I like Predator and the original Terminator....mainly because it was when James Cameron was still a hungry director and wasn't so full of himself.

+1. I still can't get over how he talked to Lou Ferrigno like he was an f'ing punk in that movie. He had everyone physcologically beat before they even got to the judging.

• Moderators
I like most of Arnold's movies. Predator is the one I probably like the least. Running Man ranks high as I think that was actually a Stephen King deal and Maria Conchita Alonso was awesome.
Let's also not forget Twins with Danny DeVito
and Kindergarten Cop. Good stuff.

• Members

+1. I still can't get over how he talked to Lou Ferrigno like he was an f'ing punk in that movie. He had everyone physcologically beat before they even got to the judging.

It was Louie's first go-round, and Arnold's last. Seeing how well Louie did afterwards, Arnold knew he had to get the edge. He isn't stupid. Just watch the behind the scenes stuff for "Predator" to see how Arm-hold psyched out The Body when they were measuring their arms. Freaking hilarious.

Those guys were both freaks of nature. I have Arnold's Bodybuilding For Men from like '81-82. He was an absolute machine.

• Members

It was Louie's first go-round, and Arnold's last. Seeing how well Louie did afterwards, Arnold knew he had to get the edge. He isn't stupid. Just watch the behind the scenes stuff for "Predator" to see how Arm-hold psyched out The Body when they were measuring their arms. Freaking hilarious.

Those guys were both freaks of nature. I have Arnold's Bodybuilding For Men from like '81-82. He was an absolute machine.

If I'd seen Pumping Iron and didn't know what happened afterwards, I'd wonder about Louie. It's great to see how he turned out, getting away from an overbearing father and over his speech impediment. Body building was very good to him.

And even Mike Katz, the "where's my blue shirt" guy, is doing well, I hear. I think he owns some Gold Gyms in Connecticut and is still involved in promoting the sport.

• Members

If I'd seen Pumping Iron and didn't know what happened afterwards, I'd wonder about Louie. It's great to see how he turned out, getting away from an overbearing father and over his speech impediment. Body building was very good to him.

And even Mike Katz, the "where's my blue shirt" guy, is doing well, I hear. I think he owns some Gold Gyms in Connecticut and is still involved in promoting the sport.

Yeah he had the potential to be great and it ended up turning out that way for him, which is always good to hear. Plus Ah-nold was just at the peak of his physical talent, and knowing this was going to be his last shot, the judges weren't going to give a rookie the crown over him. And if you actually watch the movie, Louie definitely wasn't as rounded as Arnold at that time overall.

At least he's kept himself up better, though. I know the Austrian has more important things to do than just hit the gym 4-5 hours anymore, but Louie still looks freaking amazing.

• Members

Yeah he had the potential to be great and it ended up turning out that way for him, which is always good to hear. Plus Ah-nold was just at the peak of his physical talent, and knowing this was going to be his last shot, the judges weren't going to give a rookie the crown over him. And if you actually watch the movie, Louie definitely wasn't as rounded as Arnold at that time overall.

At least he's kept himself up better, though. I know the Austrian has more important things to do than just hit the gym 4-5 hours anymore, but Louie still looks freaking amazing.

Its called.....better living through chemistry.....:thu:

• Members

True that!

Hey not to derail the thread but are you or any other Texas forumites going to be up here for SXSW?

I'm actually going to Austin tonight to see "Spamalot" w/ my parents and bro and his fiance` and my sis who's in town for S.B.

We're staying over and probably doing something out tomorrow night. I plan to come over for something SXSW related though soon.

• Members

Yell at me and we will hook up. I'll buy you a beer and tell you all my lies.

:thu:

One of my cousins lives over there too and does a lot of media work for the production companies that run around shooting/filming everything, so I'm going to try and hook all of us up together and see what's what, but for sure I'll holler.

Archived