new stack connection

Swizzy

• Members

hi! new to the forum and new to the world of being able to pick and mix amps/cabs :p

bought a 700watt peavey head at 4 ohms, a 2x15 8ohm inch trace elliot cab and an ashdown 2x10" 8ohm with tweeter.

the shop where i bought them told me to just daisy chain them, starting with the trace. is this the best way to do it? i know a little about impedances. as far as i know daisy chaining them like this gives the circuit a total impedance of 4 ohms right?

thanks alot for the help in advance :)

• Members

thanks alot for the quick reply, impressive xD.

yes the peavey has 2 outputs, i just thought plugging each into a seperate ouput would drive the ashdown a bit too much thats all.

is there no difference in reliability or power by daisy chaining them or connecting them individually

• Members

awesome! hehe sorry didnt know how much time people had to listen to life stories xD

20 year old bass player, born in switzerland, moved to spain at the age of 7. picked up my first bass at the age of 12. At the age of 18 i moved to england to stidu music. at the moment im in 2 bands, called martinez and adarna which arent doing too bad. adarna is more of a function band with a 20 covers set list and 15 originals. adarna is a bit more heavy and not really aimed at pubs.

i own the gear stated above, peavey head, trace cab and the ash cab. i own a warwick corvette standard model (loooove at first sight!) in spain i own a small 120watt hartke kick back practice amp.

• Members

haha i dont think you can get more power for the price i payed. the head had a scratch on it and that knocked 50 pounds off..in total i payed 1000 pounds for 700watts of amp power and about 850watts worth of speakers!

the traces rumble is immense and the ashdown gives a reeaaally nice punch!

thanks for the warm welcoming :)

Archived