Heart-warming, or gut-wrenching?

Hearafter

• Members

Full story here.

62 year old woman gives golf a try.

First hole she ever plays... hole-in-{censored}ing-one, on a 100 yard par 3, with a driver.

"I didn't know it was that big of a deal,'' she told the St. Petersburg Times. "I thought all golfers do this.''

:facepalm:

I'm happy for her, and I hate her. I've been playing for close to 30 years, with a single-digit handicap (1.4 at one point), and have been no closer than 2" from a hole-in-one. :mad::cry:

• Members

"Heat-Warming or Gut-Wrenching?"

Depends on if and how long the individual you ask that question to has been playing golf...

I'd say it's neither, she either sold her soul to the devil or has really good karma. We'll be able to find out if it's the former if she keeps sinking 'em like that. Of course, if she doesn't keep getting holes-in-one, it may just be an indication that she was incredibly stupid in her dealings with said devil...

• Members

That's how the Golf Gods get people hooked, they give them one or two great shots on their first time to make them think that the game can be easily mastered. Believe me, she'll spend the rest of her days in a fit of frustrated desperation trying to do that again. She'll probably die in 5 years of a self inflicted gunshot wound, being found in the gutter of some clubhouse.

• Members

Only took me 27 years to get a hole in one. Had balls hit the pin, lip out, end up behind the hole and sitting on the lip before one finally went in. I know some pretty good players who have never had one in 30+ years of playing. Mostly luck IMHO.

Yup. My eagle was completely luck and from about 180 yards out.

I wasn't bitching though. :D

Archived