Probems with audioMIDI.com... can websites do this?

PumpkinDog

• Members

My band is recording an album and we're laying the guitar/bass tracks right now.

I thought it would be a good idea to get a direct box to capture my dry sound as well as direct out of my amp and mic-ing the cab.

So on 3/5 I order a JDI Radial off of audioMIDI.com. I had sessions scheduled for the 10th, 17th, and 22nd. The availability on the website said: "usually ships in 2-4 days". I figured... meh, I might get it by the 10th, but if not I'll surely have it by the 17th. I line up another box that I can borrow for the 10th

On the 12th, the website says "not shipped" so I call in the so what the dealio is. The guy I talked to said it was back-ordered and was getting to THEM today and then gave me an ETA to ME by the 17th. I thought it was cutting it close, but I let it slide... figured I could borrow the box again on the 17th if it didn't work out.

on the 16th, it still said "not shipped" on the website. so I call again... the guy said the box was supposed to get to THEM by the 17th and it would ship and be there by this weekend. Well, I was pretty hacked at being lied to, but figured whatever.

Now on the 18th I look, and sure enough... "not shipped".. I call again and now it's not supposed to get to them until the 19th.

The box that I borrowed for the 17th won't be available on the 22nd so I'm kinda screwed.

Are web sites allowed to have misleading/sketchy information like that? basically, if they didn't have to item in stock i think it should say that on the website. (the guy on the phone emphasized "usually ships")

I'm pissed because

1) I wouldn't have ordered it if it wasn't in stock

2) I would have canceled my order on the 12th if I had known it was going to be that late

3) I would have canceled my order on the 16th if I had known it was going to be late (again)

4) now, even if i do cancel my order, i still won't be able to get one unless I pay overnight on some other website.

(and yes I checked all the music stores in town and no one had the JDI Radial... not even GC... go fig)

• Members

I've been working e-commerce for a long time too, and I hate to say it, but this stuff happens. It doesn't happen so much to bigger stores since they have the technology in place to communicate shipping latency between the website and the warehouse. I don't see it as being that big of a deal. If you want to cancel your order, cancel it. There are a ton of places online that sell the JDI.

• Members

I've been working e-commerce for a long time too, and I hate to say it, but this stuff happens. It doesn't happen so much to bigger stores since they have the technology in place to communicate shipping latency between the website and the warehouse. I don't see it as being that big of a deal. If you want to cancel your order, cancel it. There are a ton of places online that sell the JDI.

I don't really have a problem with the part being back ordered... I know that happens and I understand that when your crap is back ordered you twiddle your thumbs and wait for it for a long time.... that is understood.

What annoyed me the most is how much they misquoted me on the ETA to me. It was like they were stringing me along so I wouldn't cancel my order until the point where I was committed to getting it from them or not having it in time for the session I needed it.

Archived