Eden sm115 wedge Monitors

The BigF

• Members

Hello all,

My band is looking for some used stage monitors & I found 4 of these online at Daddy's, I have some stuff to trade to offset the cost so it wont hurt the ole wallet as bad. Does anyone know anything about them? I e-mailed Eden but they were leess than helpful here is their response:

"Eden made Pa systems a long long time ago, briefly. However this was before US MUSIC owned Eden and unfortunately I have no info on those models."

"You may want to ask on the Eden Forum, some one may know there." "Thanks"

Tim McCarthy

Customer Service Manager

Now that's what I call customer dis-service, rather than go on the Eden forum I was hoping a fellow Bass Brother or sister could provide some info.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

BigF

• Members

No, tim's quite right. He's hella-knowledgeable about CURRENT Eden gear. But he's a youngin, compared to when those wedge monitors were built.

You really will get better answers, by asking some of those guys over there who've been dabbling with Eden products a decade or longer ago.

Trust me, those monitors you're talking about are from before even I played bass! Let alone used Eden gear!

• Members

Negative? It's the only information he could give him! {censored}, you cocksuckers are {censored}in picky!
:facepalm:

:p

+1

he could have fed you a whole line of BS about how great they were, but he took the honest approach instead. he told you what he knew, which happened to be not much. then he gave you a lead on where you could find the info you were after. and you complain about it?

remember when honesty was a GOOD thing?

kgb

• Members

Negative? It's the only information he could give him! {censored}, you cocksuckers are {censored}in picky!

:p

He really didn't give him any info. ...and why not?

Ampeg was very helpful with replacement drivers on their 8x6" cab...a damn obscure cab. I would expect much more from a smaller(arguably, more professionally-minded) company.

• Members

He really didn't give him any info. ...and why not?

Ampeg was very helpful with replacement drivers on their 8x6" cab...a damn obscure cab. I would expect much more from a smaller(arguably, more professionally-minded) company.

WTF?

HE DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE SPEAKERS. what part of this don't you get?

so you spoke to someone at ampeg who did know something, great. what if they didn't have your answer because no one there was around when those things were made? would you then come to an internet forum and bash them? spouting off about how lousy their customer service is?

regardless of your personal expectations, people are people and no one knows everything. i think it's great that he was honest and pointed you in the right direction. you people expect friggin miracles and complain when others can't deliver them.

friggin ridiculous.

• Members

Guys,

Lets all take a deep breath & put this issue to bed...while Tim responded to my e-mail in a timely manner & did point me to the Eden forum he could have taken the few extra minutes to investigate himself, with the resources he had at hand. I was looking for specs such as application, impedence, power capabiities, weight & so forth. I work at a motorcycle dealership in the service dept. where I routinly field calls for volume amounts, torque specs, fluid types, etcetera of motorcycles that we do not even sell, I always go the extra step & find the info for them, thats the way the BigF rolls, it's certainly easier for someone in the biz to accomplish.

Bryan,

If they are that old I am gonna pass.

Thanks to all & to all a goodnight:thu:

• Members

I love puns, and since you work at a motorcycle dealership, using "rolls" was funny to me. Its a compliment, and I've been in a bad mood lately, so among other things I was kind of thanking you for lightening up my day a little.

All right, thats enough of the happy {censored}. I'll think of some angry knee jerk reaction to add here later :wave:

• Members

BigF,

Those speakers were designed and built by David Nordschow, the company founder. He no longer works for Eden, since selling to US Music. He's quite retired now. He's probably the ONLY guy who woulda known about these guys. Perhaps Lane, maaaybe that Chris Whatziznutz guy.

Now, according to the age of these things...

1970's era Ampegs are still sought after, aren't they? They're still rumbling bowels across America, aren't they?

If you go there, plug em in, and they sound great, there's no reason to ignore them, is there?

Go give em a try. Grab a great mic like an ElectroVoice RE410 and start singing through them monitors, and listen carefully to everything you hear. You should be able to put in earplugs and STILL deafen yourself. If a monitor can hurt even with earplugs in, it'll do the job.

• Members

WTF?

HE DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE SPEAKERS. what part of this don't you get?

so you spoke to someone at ampeg who did know something, great. what if they didn't have your answer because no one there was around when those things were made? would you then come to an internet forum and bash them? spouting off about how lousy their customer service is?

regardless of your personal expectations, people are people and no one knows everything. i think it's great that he was honest and pointed you in the right direction. you people expect friggin miracles and complain when others can't deliver them.

friggin ridiculous.

I'll try to address all your points...w/o coming off as a freak. ;)

First off, A manufacturer's knowledge of it's products shouldn't be considered a miracle, IMO.

Why didn't the rep get the information for him, rather than brush off the question? (sending someone to a forum is not the same as getting the information for him)

No, my history here proves how I treat issues of CS.

Hope that addresses all of your questions. :)

• Members

Collinwho,

Sorry if my defense mechanism was up, I guess I was taken somewhat aback by all the negative energy that was swirling about, I am pleased you got the pun.

Bryan,

as usual you make several good points, two of the monitors are at the Boston store, I'll check em out on sunday.:thu:

Later Gators

• Members

Thank you!

Seriously. I do that type of a job, I see nothing wrong with that answer. He could have ignored him. Instead he politely told him that they no longer have info on such old products any more since the company is under new ownership and all. Then he offered an alternative where you might find the info you are after. I fail to see how that is bad CS.

Tell me what then would be good? How can Tim help you if the product in question is probably older than him and there is no records to be had?

Is he to go on the forums himself, while at work, and find you an answer? Or spend his days dealing with customers that he can help, that are buying things made in this millenium (or near it)?

No offense OP, but you're being a bit of a dick to have those lofty expectations.

Call my company looking for support from that far back and you'd be hard pressed to get every last answer. And we're under the same ownership and a large chunk of our staff has been there since the 70's.

• Members

Collinwho,

Sorry if my defense mechanism was up, I guess I was taken somewhat aback by all the negative energy that was swirling about, I am pleased you got the pun.

Bryan,

as usual you make several good points, two of the monitors are at the Boston store, I'll check em out on sunday.
:thu:

Later Gators

I wasn't offended (Hell, right now I'm a little drunk). Good luck finding monitors that fit what you need. :thu:

Archived