All you guys that play First Person Shooters

justinbass

• Members

Killzone 2 my friend.

But seriously, this is the second or third Computer related thread ive seen today? Can we not? Seriously, soon the hardcore nerds will come and make this forum unbareable like they do to all the other forums.

They scare me.

• Members

Killzone 2 my friend.

But seriously, this is the second or third Computer related thread ive seen today? Can we not? Seriously, soon the hardcore nerds will come and make this forum unbareable like they do to all the other forums.

They scare me.

The problem with Killzone is that you can't use a mouse and keyboard to play it. No platform comes close to a PC for a first person shooter.

Why are you so afraid of the nerds?

• Members

Killzone 2 my friend.

They scare me.

I've been dying to play Killzone 2.. I just don't have a PS3.. Although I have been playing the {censored} out of Resident Evil 5.

• Members

The problem with Killzone is that you can't use a mouse and keyboard to play it. No platform comes close to a PC for a first person shooter.

Why are you so afraid of the nerds?

This sums things up pretty well. I've known people that got pretty decent with a game controller but playing against PC gamers tends to mean some pain and suffering as a good PC gamer is just going to have that much more jump on a game controller user.

Until consoles start really pushing keyboard/mouse, there are a few genres that are just going to work out better on the PC. Namely, fps, mmo's, and strategy games. Even then, consoles aren't upgradeable which is both good and bad. Simple for software developers but when you actually want to really push things, you're limited to the console's hardware rather than putting out options for people to adjust the settings to meet their systems capabilities.

• Members

i was a quake 3 geek for years (was in several clans and played everyday).this is not gonna be good for my work output....

Yeah, me too. I played a LOOOOOOT of quake 1 (quakeworld anyone?), a decent amount of quake2 games on my college LAN, and a silly amount of Quake3.

• Members

Doesn't run on a Mac.

:idk:

I'm not surprised to hear this. Gaming developers often treat Macs as an afterthought. If you have an old PC somewhere, it'll work on that. Quake3 has very low system requirements. Ir runs on my 2 year old, $450 laptop with a chepo intel imbedded video card.

• Members

:idk:

I'm not surprised to hear this. Gaming developers often treat Macs as an afterthought. If you have an old PC somewhere, it'll work on that. Quake3 has very low system requirements. Ir runs on my 2 year old, $450 laptop with a chepo intel imbedded video card.

I'm not surprised either. But seeing as how it was supposed to just run in the browser, I thought there would be a chance.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Killzone 2 my friend.

They scare me.

Never fancied that game. Quite frankly, I thought it sucked.

Call of duty 4, on the other hand... I think FPS game work quite nicely with a game controller. Not as good as a keyboard/mouse combo, but fun nevertheless.

Archived