Guitar Hero/Rock Band question

Lefty Geek

• Members

I never played either game (except for one time while at Best Buy). I have been noticing people posting individual guitar/bass tracks on youtube and claiming they come from this video games. Do these games really have individual tracks? If so, I would love to get my hands on them!

• Members

My understanding of how the Guitar Hero/Rock Band machine works is this:

1. Songs are picked

2. Songs are re-recorded by the GH/RB stable of musicians (so that they have a rhythm guitar track, lead guitar track, bass track, drum track, and vocal track)

3. And then when you play the game, whatever instrument you choose to play is only added to the mix when you hit the right buttons at the right time.

So I guess somewhere out there there is an individual guitar/bass/whatever track of each GH/RB song but I have no idea how to get them. I'm not even sure if my understanding of how they get the songs is right, I heard that a few years ago but don't remember where I heard it or who told me.

• Members

no rocket science... the OP wants to know if these games have separate tracks for each instrument and if so, he wants to know how to get them.

My answer... Yes, but I have no idea how to get them other than I'm 100% positive they can't be had 'legally'.

• Members

So again, I'm confused. Yes, GH has music.
:confused:

Melville gets it. So does James Hart. Are you really this obtuse?

Thanks guys. I was reading on a wikipedia page that some tracks use the master recordings. I found a few sites that offer the tracks for download, but I do not want to do so at work. I might not like most of the music on GH/RB, but there is lots of good stuff. How is the quality of the bass tracks normally on these games?

• Members

It wasn't isolated? What are you listening to? Are you really hearing drums, vocals and bass on that track? You must have one hell of an audio setup. True, there might be more than one guitar, but that is just an example. Also "it sounded like any other song off GH" doesn't mean much if you never played the game.

Melville gets it. So does James Hart. Are you really this obtuse?

Thanks guys. I was reading on a wikipedia page that some tracks use the master recordings. I found a few sites that offer the tracks for download, but I do not want to do so at work. I might not like most of the music on GH/RB, but there is lots of good stuff. How is the quality of the bass tracks normally on these games?

Just relistened on my headphones and it is indeed isolated. I wonder if I didn't pause what I was listening to when I listened to the youtube earlier... Hrm.

Well you seem to have things under control and I don't like being called obtuse. Good luck figuring it out. :p

Archived