Help from the techies please

gspointer

• Members

I got an I-touch recently, and would like to run Mocha via a VNC connection with my lap-top, primarily so I can control my PA, (drive-rack 260) for room EQ functions etc during set-up, and perhaps later to be able to have my lighting person control my lighting via the Itouch after I get Freestyler up and running.

• Members

Driverack works, but is a bit clunky. I am going to try a blue-tooth mouse when I get home. If this works well, it will be very cool. Before I had to walk the room, walk behind the mains, adjust driverack. repeat. Now I should be able to adjust the EQ etc. from in front of the mains with the I-pod.

Also with the Cubase, I can easily arm, disarm tracks, re-wind, record etc. remotely using the I-touch. It is really pretty cool.

• Members

Mocha vnc lite, it is a free app. loaded into the I pod. Then "tight-vnc", also a free app, downloaded onto the lap-top. I struggled for a while with "real vnc" and couldn't get it to work, I installed the "tight vnc" program on the laptop, entered a few setting, hit OK, and it worked.

Archived