My latest concert experience...

chunky-b

• Members

Last night, (3/22/2009) I was given VIP passes to a Third Day show. These guys rock! They don't sound like the stereotypical CCM bands. Got to meet them back stage before the show and they are some cool, funny guys!!

P3220111.JPG

P3220119.JPG

P3220125.JPG

Tai ROCKS! ^^^^^

P3220129.JPG

...that is all. :cool:

• Members

Cool! It's amazing how Mac Powell's voice can come out of such little dude, ain't it?

I used to work a lot of the local CCM events and got to hang a bit with most of the larger acts. I only had bad experiences with a few of the bands but the absolute coolest guy was Steven Curtis Chapman.

• Members

I remember seeing them quite a few years ago (probably around 2002). I was surprised how country they sounded live. They have a bit of that sound on the albums, but it was a heavy country sound live. That being said, they put on a great show. I'm in the same camp as the rest of you, can't really stand much CCM, but Third Day is definitely a solid act.

• Members

The stage show, lights, presentation, showmanship, etc was top notch. I wish I would have seen Tai's 2 - 8x10's before the show and asked him what he had in there. I was trying to figure out if they were for show and everything was going FOH or if he was really hammering through them. This was in a small, bowl shaped basketball coliseum so the bass was really rumbling!!!

• Members

chairs at a concert...wtf?

There were three acts, so lots of stage changes, and a movie and other happenings between acts. The opening band is called "Revive" and they rock... (for a bunch of aussies) :poke:

This is Revive's story in their own words... Funny group....

[YOUTUBE]BzZ7hY4_6c4[/YOUTUBE]

Archived